McGregor signs new 5 year deal!

I thought the same thing initially Craig. BUT, Im hoping its an indication that we want to keep our better players. It seems there was an enquiry and the club have gone all out to make sure we keep him.

Optomistic loyal lol

I hope you are right Jon.

For me the best business we have done this post-season has been tying up players like AM and Cuellar on improved contracts. When you have players who have PROVEN themselves they can save you a fortune if you just keep them happy - rather than selling and then having a rough time getting suitable replacements.

I know we made a TON of money from Hutton buthow badly was he missed in the 2nd half of the season ? He was also like having two players as he was a good defender and our most potent attacking force - you almost didn't need a RM as Hutton did that job too. Replacing him is proving very, very difficult and that is why sometimes it is better to keep the players who will be vital to the team (ala AM and Cuellar) - even more so given they both form part of the spine of the team.

Guest PortGlasgow

Coincidentally very close to Spurs closing the deal on Gomez from PSV. I wonder if Bain waited till that door had closed before completing this deal or was McGregor looking over his options. Checking around I cant seem to find a source for how much the contract is worth, anyone know?

Whatever im very happy with the news, I dont have confidence in the understanding between the back four and Alexander. Now if he does perform well and continues to get interest from across the border at least we can have cash to replace him.

Coincidentally very close to Spurs closing the deal on Gomez from PSV. I wonder if Bain waited till that door had closed before completing this deal or was McGregor looking over his options. Checking around I cant seem to find a source for how much the contract is worth, anyone know?

Whatever im very happy with the news, I dont have confidence in the understanding between the back four and Alexander. Now if he does perform well and continues to get interest from across the border at least we can have cash to replace him.

I am sure i read it was 5 mil over 5 yrs

I spoke to McGregor not that long ago................he was offered a new contract 2 weeks ago. ;)