Last season? I've never seen Downing do anything impressive. Despite what the press say, he isn't a winger, he's a bog standard left midfielder. The fact he has England caps shows how stuck they have been for someone on hte left.

I also rate Lennon from Spurs but 'think' he plays mainly on the RW.

You any suggestions for who they should go for?

See, Lennon is a proper winger - goes at his man, hits the bye-line, gets in a decent cross from a dangerous area. But you're right, he does play wide right. If their looking for a left winger, Affelay, the young Dutch boy looked very, very good in the EUROS. Pete, I'm sure, will tell us more.:thup:

Have to agree to disagree on Downing. I didnt think his crossing was that bad at all.

Only other rumour I heard about Liverpool was they were going for Keane from Spurs. Not sure if its true or not but always rated the player back to his Wolves days.

Torres up front with either Keane or Villa would do me just fine.

No idea of the formation or the midfield line up though. One really world class player in there and that could make all the difference.

Stop the stupid rotation policy and dropping points to the smaller teams and they could really seriously challenge for the title IMO

We saw last year when he started putting Torres in regularly how good he is. Can't see rafa making that mistake again.

Certainly hope he has learned from last season. I've said before, if Torres had started far more at the start of the season,k he would have been the EPL top scorer and made me a wee bit of dosh lol