Sunderland want to hijack Hull City's �£2m bid for Middlesbrough midfielder George Boateng - Sun

Sunderland, Celtic and Rangers want Watford centre-back Danny Shittu - Star

Alex Hleb wants to leave Arsenal and join Barcelona - Mirror

Inter Milan will pay up to �£8m, �£9 or �£11m for Frank Lampard, depending on the which paper you believe - Various

Chelsea will offload Andriy Shevchenko, Florent Malouda, Claudio Pizarro, Steve Sidwell and Carlo Cudicini - Mirror

Newcastle will bid �£5m for Chelsea's Steve Sidwell - Mirror

Aston Villa with land Sidwell for �£5m - Times

Chelsea WANT �£24m for striker Didier Drogba - Independent

Roberto Carlos, now aged 35, claims Chelsea want him - Star

Tottenham, Liverpool and Aston Villa will have to pay �£17m for David Bentley, say Blackburn - Mirror

Tottenham have offered striker Darren Bent, goalkeeper Paul Robinson and defender Anthony Gardner, in part-exchange for Bentley - Guardian

Real Madrid still want Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo - Sun

Birmingham will sell Olivier Kapo to Wigan to fund a �£3.5m move for Reading striker Dave Kitson - Mirror

Aston Villa want Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Foster on loan, but also have Tottenham's Paul Robinson and USA international Brad Guzan in their sights - Sun

Crewe ahve rejected bids from Bristol city and Ipswich for striker Nicky Maynard as they hold out for �£2m - Mirror

Everton want Darren Fletcher from Manchester United - Sun

Celtic look set to sign Auxerre defender Gabriel Tamas for �£3.5m - Record

Crystal Palace have ended their pursuit of Hearts striker Christian Nade -Record

Galatasaray will sign Liverpool goalkeeper Charles Itandje - Mail

Liverpool have won the race to sign 17-year-old Danish striker Nikola Saric - Telegraph

West Brom will bid �£2.5 for Newcastle striker Shola Ameoli and want �£3m-rated Bolton defender Abdoulaye Meite - Sun

Fulham goalkeeper Antti Niemi says he will turn down a move to Liverpool - Star

Portsmouth want Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul - Telegraph

Portsmouth are after Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips, Reading defender Nicky Shorey and Lens left-back Nadir Belhadj - Guardian

Linfield have rejected Kilmarnock's latest offer for striker Peter Thompson - Daily Record

Arshavin close to English talks

Russia playmaker 'likely' to secure Premier League negotiations

The agent of Zenit St Petersburg star Andrei Arshavin has revealed that he expects the playmaker to travel to England for transfer discussions.

Arshavin impressed at Euro 2008 with Russia to place himself on the radar of a host of European clubs and Spanish giants Barcelona had a second offer of 15million euros (�£12m) turned down on Monday.

And while Arshavin's agent, Dennis Lachter, is adamant the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea have yet to make an official approach, he has stated that he expects the 27-year-old to be heading to the Premier League for negotiations.

However, Lachter insists Arshavin would only consider a club which can provide UEFA Champions League football.

"Andrei would like to play in the Premier League but he will not accept an offer from clubs like Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Aston Villa," Lachter said in the Daily Telegraph.

Ambition

"There are only four British clubs he would play for and they are in the Champions League. It's not about money, it's about a team and professional ambition.

"Zenit is negotiating with several clubs. We are now waiting for a phone call from Zenit president Alexander Dyukov to allow us to negotiate his personal terms with one of them. It's most likely he will be heading for England."

But Lachter has said that any interested club will need to double Barca's bid and table an offer of around �£24million to prise the playmaker away from Zenit.

"It's going to be a very big transfer," Lachter added. "Zenit will definitely not accept an offer of less than 30million euros (�£23.8m).

"They are owned by Gazprom, who are one of the biggest oil companies in the world, so they can afford not to sell him cheaply."

Great player and apart from their last game had a great Euro. Seems Zennit are trying to start a bidding war though.

Agree witht he sentiments that he would only go to one of the 4 EPL teams in the CL. Barca with two bids turned down and still about 8m short of what Zennit are looking for.

Alonso happy to stay a Red

Spaniard not overly perturbed as Juve move stalls

Xabi Alonso insists he would have no problem staying at Liverpool, as a proposed move to Juventus stalls due to the two clubs' inability to settle on a transfer fee.

The classy Spaniard was expected to tie-up a switch to Serie A at the conclusion of the European Championship after Liverpool intimated a willingness to sell.

Gareth Barry's long-protracted move from Aston Villa was thought to be reliant on Alonso's exit generating funds but the likely departure of Peter Crouch to Portsmouth would swell the transfer coffers significantly.

And should it be that Juve fail to match Liverpool's valuation, Alonso will be more than content to stay on Merseyside.

Title tilt

"I am very happy with Liverpool, the city, the people and they treat me very well," Alonso is quoted in The Sun.

"It's great to be European champion with my club and with my country but I'd love a league medal.

"It's the one that is missing."

Id be delighted if this move doesnt go through, geat player and Liverpool need more players of this standard if they are realistically going to wing the league. Probably still need 3 or 4 but really arent that far away IMO

Just a shame Manure are the benchmark so far with Chelsea and the Arse thereabouts too.

Do you not think Jon that Pool would be better off keeping Alonso - and telling Villa were to stick there 18M for Barry?

Absolutely. Alonso is a brilliant player - I like Barry to, but for 18 million, I would stick with Alonso.

Id keep Alonso, definitely.

I'd probably rather they got Downing from Boro for the LW, Kuyt on the right and Gerrard in the middle with Alonso alongside.

I like Barry and seems no doubt England looked a lot better when he played alongside Gerrard instead of Lampard. I think �£18m is too much though and also depends on the formation next year. They have already got a couple of new full backs in Dossena an Degan but there are also a lot more good defenders in the squad too.

Looking at the squad now it's not too bad at all but they need to get shot of Crouch, Pennant (nowhere near good enuf to wear the shirt), possibly a couple of others.

Id love them to sign Villa to partner Torres though!!

Jon, Downing is fucking awful. Another supposed winger who can't beat a man and crosses the ball from in line with the 18 yard line. Pile of pish. They would be as well with Chris Burke.

He went off the boil a bit last season but Id still rate him pretty highly. There's no way he is any worse than Pennant. Failing that they would probably need to go abroad for a left winger as Benitez seems to rate Kuyt in the Rm role. I know he has taken a hard time by a few on here but his workrate is excellent and also scored so really important goals in the CL