For All The Boyd Haters...

Jon you are obsessed.

Wija is right let's not start the same repetitive crap again. The only thing i will add is that hater is probably a little strong.

Oh thats right, put my spelling to shame. I had just started work, and thats my excuse so there!

Apart from that Mr C please stop this tripe!

I've never seen him beat a man.:box:

With a goals tally like Boyds, I find that very hard to believe. Besides, I'd maybe understand your point if he was supposed to be playing on the wing, but through the middle this shouldn't really be an issue. What should be an issue is putting the ball in the back of the net and, when given a chance, he's the best in the country at doing just that.:box:

Oh thats right, put my spelling to shame. I had just started work, and thats my excuse so there!

Apart from that Mr C please stop this tripe!

Use firefox and download the spelling option. No rocket science. Sorry Wija i never even noticed the mistake. firefox fixed it for me.

With a goals tally like Boyds, I find that very hard to believe. Besides, I'd maybe understand your point if he was supposed to be playing on the wing, but through the middle this shouldn't really be an issue. What should be an issue is putting the ball in the back of the net and, when given a chance, he's the best in the country at doing just that.:box:

Tell you what champ, you show me the evidence of him beating a man, not being ahead of a man in the box and scoring but actually beating a man. I'll even include knocking the ball a yard or so to the side of a defender before a finish. I'm not a Boyd hater and I'm well aware it's not part of his game if we're going to argue over the same isuues that have been done to death on this and every forum. I said he's never beaten a man, you say he has. Mon then:box: :moon:

I can't see how beating a man and not scoring is better than not beating a man but scoring anyway.

The only time I can really remember a player beating a man to score was Whittaker but I wouldn't put him up front instead of Boyd...

Guest Arnold
I can't see how beating a man and not scoring is better than not beating a man but scoring anyway.

Spot on.

Boyd can work on improving his dribbling, passing, first touch, whatever, but so long as he keeps up the scoring record over the last couple of years, he should be in the team regardless.

...I said he's never beaten a man, you say he has. Mon then:box: :moon:

Well if you'd taken the time to read my post properly I'm sure you'd find that I said that 'I find it hard to believe'. I wasn't stating a FACT or claiming that I could provide evidence to the contrary. However, if you're trying to tell me that Scotland's best goal scorer never has to lose his marker or beat him to the ball, then once again, I say that I find THAT hard to believe. If you are in fact correct and he never has to take a touch before scoring (ie. his first touch is in the back of the net) then he surely deserves MORE credit than you're giving him. He has scored a reasonable amount of penaltys and free-kicks but that must easily still leave around 50 goals unaccounted for.

...and one other thing

...you show me the evidence of him beating a man, not being ahead of a man in the box and scoring but actually beating a man.

I think you've just pointed out that he's good at beating offside traps. Another gold star for Boydy.;)