So How Well Did We Really Do Last Season?

Totally true and frightening. I suppose looking at it that way though Cammy then if you are giving celtic the benefit of being the better team when we stole the league you then have to give us the benefit of being the better team in total this year. I know it wins no prizes but it does give a positive tint to it,

Strip away the semantics (sp) for how our last two titles, and Celtc's last season were won (or lost, depending on your opinion), winning 2 of the last 5 or 6 titles is a shocking statistic.

Cammy F

Strip away the semantics (sp) for how our last two titles, and Celtc's last season were won (or lost, depending on your opinion), winning 2 of the last 5 or 6 titles is a shocking statistic.

Cammy F

Couldn't agree more, it is shocking. I am afraid that until Mr Murray has recovered his 50mill we will remain the also rans.

Agree with Pete and Cammy on this about the titles.

If those 2 last day title wins didnt go our way then Celtic would be going for 9IAR this coming season - thats totally not acceptable. But the fact is they are not going for that target as they ran out of steam in 2005 the same as we did last season.

But we just havent been close enough in the other seasons. There was 3 or 4 season when we finished a crazy 17+ points behind them. If we arent going to win the league then the least we expect is to be in with a shout come April. Its been over by christmas in a few occasions.

The title this season is a must.

Agree with Pete and Cammy on this about the titles.

If those 2 last day title wins didnt go our way then Celtic would be going for 9IAR this coming season - thats totally not acceptable. But the fact is they are not going for that target as they ran out of steam in 2005 the same as we did last season.

But we just havent been close enough in the other seasons. There was 3 or 4 season when we finished a crazy 17+ points behind them. If we arent going to win the league then the least we expect is to be in with a shout come April. Its been over by christmas in a few occasions.

The title this season is a must.

I have not checked this but i think if you look at the Rangers -Celtic history over the last 40 years we will be far behind in terms of trophy's

I have not checked this but i think if you look at the Rangers -Celtic history over the last 40 years we will be far behind in terms of trophy's

But therein lies the problem Pete - you can use statistics to prove whatever you want - 1 year, 2 years, 5, 10, 20, 40 - how about 135 years - and we are world record holders for trophies over that period.

My point being, statistics don't mean that great a deal - it is all about the present.

My point being, statistics don't mean that great a deal - it is all about the present.

I totally agree. Then again, the stats which I posted a link to were purely based on our performance last season. Given the topic of this thread, I felt they were relevant and showed just how 'successful' a season we had. I'd obviously prefer that we'd won the quadruple like the rest of us, but I was just trying to point out that IMO it's unfair to brand last season as a failure.

But therein lies the problem Pete - you can use statistics to prove whatever you want - 1 year, 2 years, 5, 10, 20, 40 - how about 135 years - and we are world record holders for trophies over that period.

I can't disagree with that Craig and you can turn statistics to suit yourself. Political parties do it all the time.

The unfortunate thing it is in the present that Celtic have the run on us.

I can't disagree with that Craig and you can turn statistics to suit yourself. Political parties do it all the time.

The unfortunate thing it is in the present that Celtic have the run on us.

Sadly that is correct Pete. Or.... to use statistics.... we won more trophies than they did last season.....

Sadly that is correct Pete. Or.... to use statistics.... we won more trophies than they did last season.....

They won the reserve league as well.;)

Shit that was a joke but frightening.

I kinda of disagree. I think your history is important as its what builds a foundation to your club.

Look at Leeds - In 2002 they would be saying look how good we are at present, then 2 years later they are dropping down the leagues.

Chelsea would be the same if Roman left, but you know Man Utd, Arsenal and probably Liverpool wont be like that because their history and foundation.