Rangers Top Goalscorer 08-09

Guest bluenose1303

Who score the most for Rangers this season ?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who score the most for Rangers this season ?

• Boyd
    • Miller
    • JCD
    • Cousin
    • Lafferty
    • Nacho
    • Velicka

There are some on here who will never admit it Barry, thats the thing. He's the best thing an most consistent scorer since Ally and the player we have been crying out for!

It does seem like a lot of strikers at first glance, but if you were to count Buffel & Gow as forwards as WS probably did (or didn't:p ), then consider that we'll be without Naismith for most of the season, it could be argued that there's been no change in the number of strikers from last season... Unless of course you add Fleck to that list :thup: His appearances next season might be limited, but there's still a reasonable chance that he could score more than KM :D

Anyways, so long as we don't sell him, top scorer's got to be Boyd.

It does seem like a lot of strikers at first glance, but if you were to count Buffel & Gow as forwards as WS probably did (or didn't:p ), then consider that we'll be without Naismith for most of the season, it could be argued that there's been no change in the number of strikers from last season... Unless of course you add Fleck to that list :thup: His appearances next season might be limited, but there's still a reasonable chance that he could score more than KM :D

Anyways, so long as we don't sell him, top scorer's got to be Boyd.

McGregor will score more than Miller next season.( Maybe not on the park though.);)

Maybe not on the park though.;)

Depends how many Penalty shoot-outs we end up with :D

Seriously though, I'm hoping KM won't be too bad afterall. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a marked improvement in his goals:game ratio. If he's given enough time on the park, I reckon he might just manage 15+ in the season.

Time will tell. At least us lot giving him sh*t all season shouldn't have an adverse effect as he seems to know exactly what he's got himself into.

I am looking more to Velicka to be our main striker. He seemed to create a lot tonight. I am finding it hard to believe Walter is going to go with a 4-4-2 it is just not in his nature. Saturday will say more about our shape i think.

Of course I am trying to be optomistic with regards to Miller, but I'm still surprised that 3 votes so far have him as top scorer - Are you guys taking the pi$$??

I'm starting to feel sorry for Wee Nacho as well, because in all honesty if I was to pick a top scorer (Boyd aside) it would be him or Velicka.

I am looking more to Velicka to be our main striker. He seemed to create a lot tonight. I am finding it hard to believe Walter is going to go with a 4-4-2 it is just not in his nature. Saturday will say more about our shape i think.

It's hard to say. He's been there done that and it's an outdated system (at least outwith the SPL) unless you've got the world class players to back it up ...depends on the level (and tactics) of the opposition I suppose.

Personally, I'd like to see us stick with the 4-5-1. If we can get the right combo in that midifield 5, it'll make ALL the difference. That's not necessarily good news for the likes of Boyd. However, unlike the majority, I've not 'completely' written him off in terms of ability to play the lone striker role, as when this system is played to it's strengths the 'lone' striker isn't as much on his lonesome.

Basically I want to see us play a 4-3-3 in attack and 4-5-1 in defence and this only works if the spare pair of attacking mids can also defend ...Unless you're Barca of course :D