Rangers Top Goalscorer 08-09

Guest bluenose1303

Who score the most for Rangers this season ?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who score the most for Rangers this season ?

• Boyd
    • Miller
    • JCD
    • Cousin
    • Lafferty
    • Nacho
    • Velicka

I will be honest i haven't voted yet but i honestly don't think Boyd will be a Rangers player next season. I have said that from the start. Watty has to say he is part of his plans otherwise his value drops. It is a nightmare trying to pick a team at the moment we really need one or two midfielder's. Furman has obviously no chance as McCulloch was preferred to him even although he is never a central midfielder. If you wanted to give Furman a chance, today was the day to do it.

It's gonna be Boyd as long as he stays here, but I'm hopeful that Velicka will do us a job. I said in January I liked the look of him, so I'm glad he's here.

When you said you liked the look of him we didn't realise you were talking about football.:P

Watty has to say he is part of his plans otherwise his value drops.

I thought WS had done just that already. At the very least Boyd said he had. Also let's not forget that it was Boyd who triggered all this nonsense in the first place with some ill-chosen words, dutifully twisted by the press at the end of the season.

IMO all this talk about offers for Boyd is ridiculous. I don't know WTF Cardiff and their support think they're up to (Celt-ic connections??) as with the amount of former Gers playing for them you'd think they'd show a little more respect for our club, but you can be sure the mhedia is just having a field day with this BS.

No club with any sort of level-headed management would WANT to sell it's top scorer. At the end of the day, Boyd doesn't want to leave and in the unforeseen event that he did, with his scoring record you can be sure that Rangers would (or should at least) have a FAR HIGHER valuation of the player than the figures being spoken about.

Seriously, if Boyd was an English International playing in the EPL, with his record (and flaws), he'd be worth around �£20m. Of course he's not English and he's playing in the SPL. Does that justify such a f**king stupid under-valuation though??

I thought WS had done just that already. At the very least Boyd said he had. Also let's not forget that it was Boyd who triggered all this nonsense in the first place with some ill-chosen words, dutifully twisted by the press at the end of the season.

IMO all this talk about offers for Boyd is ridiculous. I don't know WTF Cardiff and their support think they're up to (Celt-ic connections??) as with the amount of former Gers playing for them you'd think they'd show a little more respect for our club, but you can be sure the mhedia is just having a field day with this BS.

No club with any sort of level-headed management would WANT to sell it's top scorer. At the end of the day, Boyd doesn't want to leave and in the unforeseen event that he did, with his scoring record you can be sure that Rangers would (or should at least) have a FAR HIGHER valuation of the player than the figures being spoken about.

Seriously, if Boyd was an English International playing in the EPL, with his record (and flaws), he'd be worth around �£20m. Of course he's not English and he's playing in the SPL. Does that justify such a f**king stupid under-valuation though??

They are desperate for a striker, they are just trying to get the best deal just as we are.

They are desperate for a striker, they are just trying to get the best deal just as we are.

In that case maybe we should try to hijack Madrid's move for Ronaldo. What do you reckon? Would �£5m be enough??:rolleyes:

In that case maybe we should try to hijack Madrid's move for Ronaldo. What do you reckon? Would �£5m be enough??:rolleyes:

5 mill PLUS Boyd or just a straight 5 mill ? :fish:

Furman has obviously no chance as McCulloch was preferred to him even although he is never a central midfielder. If you wanted to give Furman a chance, today was the day to do it.

That's one of the problems with our club though, or more to the point the support. We don't accept defeat easily, even in meaningless friendlies and especially against what we regard as lower class opposition. We need to win EVERY game OR ELSE. ATM if you look at our squad we've got a good few 1st team regulars who are under 26. This amounts to a general lack of experience which makes it more difficult to blood the youth team recruits as we need to have a balance in that respect. Like I said before, Furman not starting was probably just down to the fact that Fleck was getting his turn. My guess is that WS was also experimenting with McCulloch to see how suitable he was as cover for an attacking central mid role. So apparently that's what we STILL NEED then :P

Ive gone for Miller as I think he will play every week and he will be desperate to play well.

Velicka will be a good player for us but he will be more of a No.10 holding it up for others to get in play.

I also think if Nacho got a run through the middle he would get a lot of goals.

That is some amount of strikers, and Barry hit it on the head we dont have a creator for them.

UFC - Boyd worth 20 million???? Thats nonsense IMO. Was Kenny Deuchar worth 3 million for scoring goals in Division 3 - No! Therefore Boyd isnt worth 20 million, if fact it would take about 5 Boyds to get that value. He can score goals against Falkirk etc. If the Premier League clubs rated him they would be biting our hands of at 3 million over and over again.