Rangers have biggest hooligan problem in britain

The guy received a caution before for trying to incite the crowd. That was what he was doing again. How many times is he allowed to do it before someone ends up reacting. Both the football authorities and the police have washed their hands of it, and it's ridiculous.

Different standards are yet again applied.

All he did was wear a t-shirt expressing support for the leader of his religion. Now I admit, he only did it to wind us up, you know that and so do I. But proof?

There are two real issues here.

Firstly, is the sectarian element of our support so bad that they 'react' to a simple t-shirt.

And, secondly, surely the devout Catholic element of the Celtic support should be even more offended than anyone else - one of their own has taken the leader of their religion and used him the same way they used beach balls and lilos at Ibrox on tehir way to Seville.

All he did was wear a t-shirt expressing support for the leader of his religion. Now I admit, he only did it to wind us up, you know that and so do I. But proof?

There are two real issues here.

Firstly, is the sectarian element of our support so bad that they 'react' to a simple t-shirt.

And, secondly, surely the devout Catholic element of the Celtic support should be even more offended than anyone else - one of their own has taken the leader of their religion and used him the same way they used beach balls and lilos at Ibrox on tehir way to Seville.

I'm not an expert in law, but would think that his intention was clear. He does not normally wear a pope t-shirt and he chose an old firm game to do it. Enough circumstantial evidence to suggest what his intentions were.

Yes, I'm sure there is at least one nutter in our support who would react to a t-shirt.

Not being an RC, I'll leave them to argue the level of offence that he caused to them, but the argument that I'm making is not that it is offensive, but that it is intentionally provocative and therefore he should receive at least another caution.

He also brought religion into the game in a provocative manner and should be dealt with by the footballing authorities.

The fact that his act of provocation was condoned by all at Celtic says a lot about them as well. Rangers, for example, publicly announced that Gazza would be disciplined for his flute playing.

I'm not an expert in law, but would think that his intention was clear. He does not normally wear a pope t-shirt and he chose an old firm game to do it. Enough circumstantial evidence to suggest what his intentions were.

I agree on his intentions, but I don't think opinions or circumstantial evidence is really enough.

Yes, I'm sure there is at least one nutter in our support who would react to a t-shirt.

And that's unfortunate and something that is societies problem as much as it is Rangers' or Borucs.

Not being an RC, I'll leave them to argue the level of offence that he caused to them, but the argument that I'm making is not that it is offensive, but that it is intentionally provocative and therefore he should receive at least another caution.

Again, lacking in proof and I think best dealt with by his manager/football club.

He also brought religion into the game in a provocative manner and should be dealt with by the footballing authorities.

Religion simply shouldn't have a place in football in my opinion. However, I'm not religious in the least. But where do you cross the line. Hundreds of players, especially those from Latin countries bless themselves prior to games, after scoring etc. How do you marry causing offence, provocation to discrimination?

The fact that his act of provocation was condoned by all at Celtic says a lot about them as well. Rangers, for example, publicly announced that Gazza would be disciplined for his flute playing.[/
QUOTE]

That says it all about a certain football club.

All i was saying regarding Boruc was how the media reacted, they kind of brushed it under the carpet.

Wasn't saying what should of happened if he should of been fined, behind bars or whatever.

I'm trying to make the link betweek him and Healy, Healy done it as a wind up, so did Boruc. But the Scottish media went crazy what Healy done

One Scotland, many cultures except protestantism

I agree on his intentions, but I don't think opinions or circumstantial evidence is really enough.

And that's unfortunate and something that is societies problem as much as it is Rangers' or Borucs.

Again, lacking in proof and I think best dealt with by his manager/football club.

I disagree with all of that, mate. Yes, circumstantial evidence can be enough. He wasn't doing it in his garden. he was doing it at on old firm game.

Religion simply shouldn't have a place in football in my opinion. However, I'm not religious in the least. But where do you cross the line. Hundreds of players, especially those from Latin countries bless themselves prior to games, after scoring etc. How do you marry causing offence, provocation to discrimination?

It's generally fairly obvious whether someone is doing something through genuine religious belief and when someone is trying to provoke or antagonise by bringing religion in.

Where can i find it mate, might take a wee read over it.

Just the whole Scottish media stir everything up, even if you look at the David Healy incidents they are making it bigger than what it is. Although when Boruc wears a god bless the pope t-shirt he gets called silly and not an up-roar from the papers etc.

More and more im thinking 1 Scotland ,many cultures ,except protestantism

Couldn't agree more. Thought the Healy episode was amusing; brought back memories of Gazza. Get him signed up! we shouldn't over -react to wind-ups - they have Boruc, we have Healy.

I disagree with all of that, mate. Yes, circumstantial evidence can be enough. He wasn't doing it in his garden. he was doing it at on old firm game.

So a t-shirt of a religious icon isn't acceptable? He should be allowed to wear what he wants.

It's generally fairly obvious whether someone is doing something through genuine religious belief and when someone is trying to provoke or antagonise by bringing religion in.

Obvious it may be, but for a legal or justice system to work it must rely on proof.

especially those from Latin countries bless themselves prior to games, after scoring etc. How do you marry causing offence, provocation to discrimination?

Uefa and Fifa have stated they want religious stuff out of football as it has nothing to do with Sport, in this case football.

The fact that this rule is consistantly broken in other countries and allowed seems to make it perfectly fine for the Dhims to do what they want without any form of punishment.

At the end of the day, no matter how many times anyone in Scotland brings religion into the footballing arena, if its anything Roman Catholic it HAS to be allowed.

So a t-shirt of a religious icon isn't acceptable? He should be allowed to wear what he wants.

Obvious it may be, but for a legal or justice system to work it must rely on proof.

No, a t-shirt of the pope is not acceptable during an old firm game.

Circumstantial evidence can be used as provide proof.