Completely Fed up

Guest PortGlasgow

I think we have two or three "excuses"

1. We played crap without what could be our two first choice CB's and central midfielder.

2. Like people have said and Walter knows, we're short of one or two new midfielders.

3. We got beat by a �£200M+ team who won the CL a couple of seasons ago. If we're on form and we're off form, we going to get stuffed.

If we were thrashed by a team that could be considered our peer then I'd understand more, but it's the harsh reality of today that a club like Liverpool are now way above us in spending ability and wages. They are the fourth biggest club in the richest league in the world.

I think there are too many ostriches with heads in the sand about the current financial differential between us and top Prem teams.

The positivity of following Rangers seems to be ebbing away bit by bit over the summer. At present we're without decent fullbacks who can get forward, no wingers in midfield who can take(and beat) their opposite numbers and more importantly no midfielder who can control the game or routinely take the ball forward and create something for the strikers.

Cousin who I think is best striker at Rangers (with the exception of Velicka who is still to prove himself) is no where near the last 2 team selections. Boyd hasnt got a chance in the present set-up, he needs a constant supply of quality deliveries into the box which I cant see happening with the players at disposal. Cousin/Velicka seem the only option to attack defences. Even then its folly to rely on them without decent support from midfield.

Signing Davis would be a start but we still need at least 1 or better two attacking wingers to drag this team into something resembling a potent attacking side. Hopefully Wednesday and today have had the effect on the exposing the glaring weaknesses to those in charge and kick starting the effort in sorting it out

If these additions aren't made then im dreading the coming season as potentially we could be out of europe and suffering a irretrievable deficit in the league before key players come back from injury.

Im far from confident about this teams chances on Tuesday and if we lose and forfeit any decent CL income then the whole season is a failure before its even begun. Thomson, Cuellar and McGregor will be made available to be sold on to scrape back the losses.

Apologies for the negativity but im completely fed up about the current squad

It was said in jest after the Clyde game on Radio Wide that WS would sign up Numan, Laudrup and Albertz if they were fit, just goes to show that we dont have any balance to our current team as we would kill for guys with half their ability in their respective positions

It was said in jest after the Clyde game on Radio Wide that WS would sign up Numan, Laudrup and Albertz if they were fit,

Give me Laudrup and Albertz as they are now ahead of Adam and McCulloch!!!

Albertz is younger than Weir and played pretty much a high level in the last few years - he could EASY have done a job for us as a squad player.

If that's true, how come he didn't play more for Clyde? Why doesn't he have another season there?

They are both past it and can't be fully fit (i think Weir has looked after himself just a bit more than Albertz) which is probably why Albertz is retiring now (or maybe he has no desire left or simply can't be arsed) and Brian had niggling injuries when he gave up years ago but both probably still have more skill than McCulloch and Adam will ever have but IMO could never show it for more than a few mins these days which is no good is it, they would never even last 45 mins if that these days!

I know what you are saying but these two wouldn't get a game for any other top level club so why should we have them back?

It does show you how far our standards have dropped since these players were here and they never broke the bank to get them here either....