Boyd's last game?

You've got to ask yourself - if big Bundesliga clubs rate him, then why can't we fit him in to our systems? He can't be that bad a player. I'd much rather Cousin went (because of his attitude not his ability) or Darcheville who's always going to struggle for fitness.

With us being out of europe now,and everybody keeps saying he can't play in Walters' 4-5-1 system,surely he will feature in most SPL games this season as the 4-5-1 will be done away with.Walter should build the team around him for this season,or just move the guy on.What I don't understand is if you are not going to use him more,why didn't Rangers just sell him to Cardiff ?. However if it is true that these German teams are after him then IMO he would be mad not to go and try and improve over in Germany,which would also please of a lot of the fans here that don't rate him.

With us being out of europe now,and everybody keeps saying he can't play in Walters' 4-5-1 system,surely he will feature in most SPL games this season as the 4-5-1 will be done away with.Walter should build the team around him for this season,or just move the guy on.What I don't understand is if you are not going to use him more,why didn't Rangers just sell him to Cardiff ?. However if it is true that these German teams are after him then IMO he would be mad not to go and try and improve over in Germany,which would also please of a lot of the fans here that don't rate him.

dont bank on it mate. walter smith has been blind to quite a few problems we have that every man and his dog can plainly see so dont expect the 4 5 1 formation to suddenly disapear overnight. Hes still playing the likes of Daily and McCulloch along with a few others i can name and that tells me he doesnt see the same problems as me.

dont bank on it mate. walter smith has been blind to quite a few problems we have that every man and his dog can plainly see so dont expect the 4 5 1 formation to suddenly disapear overnight. Hes still playing the likes of Daily and McCulloch along with a few others i can name and that tells me he doesnt see the same problems as me.

I agree to an extent,however we did play with two strikers against Falkirk,and tbh I don't see him playing 4-5-1 this season,apart from maybe away to the scum,but I do believe that we will see a more attacking formation as the season unfolds,let's face it we have no european teams to play and I do not believe WS will stick to the '' make sure we don't lose '' tactics from now on.Although it is still a niightmare to be out of europe so early,it may just be the turning point & kick up the arse that Rangers need,got to admire my hopefulness,no but seriously the SPL is a must and having only the domestic treble to play for will make or break Walter and a lot of the current players,THE SPL IS A MUST AT THE VERY LEAST.

I agree to an extent,however we did play with two strikers against Falkirk,and tbh I don't see him playing 4-5-1 this season,apart from maybe away to the scum,but I do believe that we will see a more attacking formation as the season unfolds,let's face it we have no european teams to play and I do not believe WS will stick to the '' make sure we don't lose '' tactics from now on.Although it is still a niightmare to be out of europe so early,it may just be the turning point & kick up the arse that Rangers need,got to admire my hopefulness,no but seriously the SPL is a must and having only the domestic treble to play for will make or break Walter and a lot of the current players,THE SPL IS A MUST AT THE VERY LEAST.

Agreed Ian but the sad thing is Id actually we rather went 4-5-1 until we get the midfield sorted out. Playing 4-4-2 with the current players is a nightmare and Falkirk passed us off the park on Saturday.

Unless WS decides to put Thomson, Hemdani or Furman in the middle with Novo and Beasley/Lafferty on the wide roles then we are going to struggle with a 4-4-2.

Agreed Ian but the sad thing is Id actually we rather went 4-5-1 until we get the midfield sorted out. Playing 4-4-2 with the current players is a nightmare and Falkirk passed us off the park on Saturday.

Unless WS decides to put Thomson, Hemdani or Furman in the middle with Novo and Beasley/Lafferty on the wide roles then we are going to struggle with a 4-4-2.

Agreed,I am saying that with the expectation of a couple of midfielders signing

It's got to be pointed out that we hardly played 4-5-1 in the SPL last season, it was actually usually 4-3-3. Didn't stop people moaning though.

It seems to me that the formation is actually irrelevant to fans. What they want is entertaining, high speed, attacking football and even 0-0-10 doesn't guarantee it.

However, when something about the tactics can be quantified it's far easier to measure and discuss.

We have debated the 4-5-1 for so long now.....

I actually think that it is a GOOD formation IF you have the wide players.

Last season, for the most part, our tactics were two-fold

Defending - 4-5-1

Attacking - 4-3-3

I think it works if the wide players are pacy, can beat players but also have the stamina to carry out defensive duties.

I dont think it is irrelevant that we lost our way in this formation when Beasley, Naismith, Burke went out injured.

And I think it is a formation that actually could work very well for us and it can be a whole lot more attacking than WS is being given credit for.

TBH I would rather keep Boyd and sell Miller

Totally agree. That's one of the reasons I was so pissed that they signed Miller; I could instantly guess that he would get starts before Boyd, which for me at least, is just F'ing stupid. I don't give a rats arse what 'people' say about Boyd's inability to play the lone striker... he'll still score goals if he gets the service. Likewise, I don't give a flying flock of sheep what 'people' say about Kenny Miller's effort... he'll not score enough goals even he gets the service.

Boyd is a great, possibly world class striker. KM isn't even a good striker. Good strikers score goals, great strikers score lots of them & world class strikers score barra loads.

I'll be so pissed off if they go with KM alongside Velicka in 4-4-2 starting line-ups because that's a F'ing joke imo. KM shouldn't be the Scotland squad's 1st choice striker because he's pish.

If they sell Boyd I'll be breaking a few things in my near vicinity because we can't let a player with the potential to be a top scorer in the premiership go no matter what the offer. I don't care if it's 10 mill - personally I'd still keep him. There's a lot worse players than Boyd transfer for more than that down south every F'ing year.