Cuellar Fee Agreed with Villa - �£8million

I did, and moreover, I was one of the few who actually thought he was a player in the making before and after his injury.

However, with regard to Cuellar, I believe we could cope without him domestically and still win the league, if, and it's a big IF the money from his sale is invested back into the first eleven.

Where have we heard that before about money getting reinvested into the team? Hutton 9mil and 20mil or thereabouts for the uefa run. murray is quoted as saying a couple of year ago the money the team makes i.e player sales and champs league or uefa cup money would be reinvested back into the team this is not fucking happening! as season ticket holders who are paying a lot of money each year we want proper answers not fucking agms where 15 so called supporters are invited. get murray out on to the pitch before the game on saturday and explain what is going on!

We have been lied to by somebody, whether it was Walter saying it came as a surprise to him or Cuellar himself saying he wanted to stay and was happy (on more than one occasion). And what about this release clause - we were led to believe it was �£10 m. This seems like a Hutton scenario again - he wanted to stay but was pushed by Bain or SDM. Any road up, it's time we were treated as grown-ups by the club - how can we believe anything now?

I think the key here is the timing. I am finding it difficult to believe this all happened on Sunday as the official site says. It is now clear Cuellar had a sell on clause, but with us having Weir, Webster, Cuellar and Dailly as back up we were well covered for centre back-then we go and sign Bougherra? The only conclusion i can draw is that failure to automatically qualify for Europe let his agent alert clubs-something i am sure Rangers would have been aware of-maybe the catalyst to our signing from Charlton?

Whatever the facts the bottom line is selling our best player last January cost us the title-selling our best defender before a ball is kicked this season-groundhog day?

Guest FlashofThunder
Where have we heard that before about money getting reinvested into the team? Hutton 9mil and 20mil or thereabouts for the uefa run. murray is quoted as saying a couple of year ago the money the team makes i.e player sales and champs league or uefa cup money would be reinvested back into the team this is not fucking happening! as season ticket holders who are paying a lot of money each year we want proper answers not fucking agms where 15 so called supporters are invited. get murray out on to the pitch before the game on saturday and explain what is going on!

I didn't say I expected it to happen - the Hutton money would suggest otherwise.

Guest damien

Flash, theres no way that money will be reinvested.

Why would you do that? Sell a good player to buy average players, nah, that money has been banked.

Guest FlashofThunder
Flash, theres no way that money will be reinvested.

Why would you do that? Sell a good player to buy average players, nah, that money has been banked.

TBH, I'm probably looking ( hoping ) at the best case scenario mate - but time's running out on Murray when it comes to ripping the pish with regards to how money brought in is spent.

If something serious doesn't happen then there will be a lot of disgruntled individuals ( who make up a crowd ) come the end of the month.

And to add insult to injury the latest is that Lovenkrands is at Ross Hall ffs

Really? Surely this is absolute bollocks, mainly due to the fact we already have 23 other strikers on our books?

I could see Davis and Loovens coming in for a grand total of about 4M, or maybe even some jiggery pokery with Maloney from Villa, but still leaving the club 5M+ from the Cuellar deal and the remaining transfer budget.

Guest damien

ascender the very fact we have enough strikers doesn't mean a thing, but this story is doing the rounds on several other boards.

As for the Cuellar money, thats banked mate, we wont see all of that being spent.