carlos cuellar - good bit of business?

Not many of course.

But it's difficult for many to be so when leadership is lacking in ALL areas.

that's true. i reckon there'd be protests long before any long term plan had time to come to fruition though.

that's true. i reckon there'd be protests long before any long term plan had time to come to fruition though.

Possibly.

But long term gain don't need to mean short-medium term pain.

The time for long term planning was in the mid/late 90s. SDM failed to do so and we've suffered badly since.

i mind when we sold hutton i was worried about the implications 'beyond economics' or something. i think it's happening - no matter how good business it is, something unquantifiable goes when you just sell all your good players.

you ask the supporters to have pride in their team -ask them to pay big money, constantly, to watch them in times where pennies are tight. you get asked to renew these commitments saying we're keeping our best players, then you sell them. sad times.

We have a team full of average versatile players of whom only a few excel in any one position.

There is no continuity and that's why we have no consistency.

This is a huge point and why I said the other day Celtic are far more organised than us, they know there likely XI whereas we are still at guess work. Its ok having 1 or 2 vertisile players which we have had for a few seasons but the unbalanced squad means our midfield will be make-shift until 2 new players are signed, but even then you still get the feeling WS will stick with his favourites who have no ability.

i mind when we sold hutton i was worried about the implications 'beyond economics' or something. i think it's happening - no matter how good business it is, something unquantifiable goes when you just sell all your good players.

you ask the supporters to have pride in their team -ask them to pay big money, constantly, to watch them in times where pennies are tight. you get asked to renew these commitments saying we're keeping our best players, then you sell them. sad times.

I don't see too much problem with selling your best players when you're being offered the kind of money that you tend to spend on four players as long as you invest that money in improving the overall team.

Unfortunately the that condition is not being met. Instead we've bought three players for a position that we already have players for and who don't seem any better while neglecting the midfield after the loss of Davis and Ferguson.

The longer we have Cousin and Darcheville on the books, the worse it looks for Walter.

He should have prioritised the midfield and waited to offload each striker before replacing them.

Brougherra was also bought a week too late.

He took too big a gamble and lost so can no longer be considered, "a safe pair of hands".