our real level of ambition

...but we got to the UEFA Cup Final......

We won two cups and narrowly lost out in the league....

:ffs:

That may be so.

Did we win the Uefa Cup - Nio

Did we win the league - No

Are we in the Champions League - No

Are we selling our best players to mid table English clubs - Yes

If you are happy winning the domestic cups then good for you.

I'm sure many people who hang up their scarves would be grabbing them again if we got to another European final...

Off course we would , hanging up our scarfs would be a last resort as its the only defense we have against Murray hurt him in the pocket

If the club keeps selling off our best assets and continous on this downward spiral under David Murray i will hang up my scarf as i have every right too it doesnt mean i wont love the club any less i wouldnt be the first and i wouldnt be the last to think along these lines.

Murray was good for our club in the past but he dragging us into mediocraty fast you cant keep your head in the sand forever!

That may be so.

Did we win the Uefa Cup - Nio

Did we win the league - No

Are we in the Champions League - No

Are we selling our best players to mid table English clubs - Yes

If you are happy winning the domestic cups then good for you.

I think Steve was being sarcastic mate.

Giasbeer, fair play to you mate if you said that back in May, i think most fans just wanted to believe he would not be sold and that the CL was the deciding factor.

We cant compete with anyone in the Premier League and the gap is going to widen even more, at this rate we wont be competing with the Championship clubs! 16 of the 24 championship clubs have played Premier league football meaning they have all had 30 million in TV money PLUS parachute payments.

I think it really is the time for Rangers and Celtic to make a move and push for an Atlantic league with the Dutch, Belgians and maybe Danish leagues.

for those of you who think CC left because of our elimination from Europe. I posted this last June.

http://www.gersnetonline.net/vb/showthread.php?t=7316

This why i am mad. its not something that has happened over the weekend. its been part of Murray and bains bigger picture.

Dont believe the lies that you are fed.

I don't believe Cuellar would have been off if we had still been in Europe.

Off course we would , hanging up our scarfs would be a last resort as its the only defense we have against Murray hurt him in the pocket

If the club keeps selling off our best assets and continous on this downward spiral under David Murray i will hang up my scarf as i have every right too it doesnt mean i wont love the club any less i wouldnt be the first and i wouldnt be the last to think along these lines.

Murray was good for our club in the past but he dragging us into mediocraty fast you cant keep your head in the sand forever!

"Hurting Murray in the pocket" is a dangerous game as it's the club's pocket not his. He gets hit indirectly, but Celtic fans showed that this form of action is extreme and can risk putting your club out of business for ever. It can really damage the financial health of your club - although Celtic fans went on to save their club by buying shares.

However, it takes someone willing to gamble their own millions to keep the club above water in the meantime - for them that was Fergus McCann. In the end his gamble paid off and he walked off with some ridiculous amount of money in his pocket - �£15M I think.

We have to remember where the finances of the club start and end and where SDM's money starts and ends and how the two are very inter-related.

Too many people are convinced it's all about SDM's money, when most of the time it's the club's.

I completely agree too. Cuellar himself asked why he'd want to go to another club when Rangers play in the CL ever year.

Well that incentive has been taken away and it's obvious he won't get into the Spanish team without it as playing in the SPL will not get him noticed.

He now realises he's a decent player with a big future and so if he can't fulfill it at Rangers, he may as well go to England and possibly triple his money into the bargain.

I can assure that the sale of cc was always on the agenda European involvement or not. At the same time it was the clubs intention to do a swap deal With cousin and Davis but fulhams interest had wained. It was also the intention of the club to sell Boyd to birningham but Boyd knocked the deal back and it became dead in the water.

Murray and bain are pissing right down your necks folks, I think its time to change your shirts.

the only way to murray is public ridicule / humilliation , like all power freaks it's his achilles heel and until that happens he will stay securly down in his bunker.

To everyone who slaughters people for not goin back or hanging up their scarves , maybe they are too young to remember that is how change happened the last time