Maybe I am naive or missing something.... but just what exactly are Reclaim Rangers going to do in terms of action ?

As you say, only SDM can choose who he sells to and we all know he is stubborn so I just dont see what RR can do to pressure him to sell to a particular someone.

I think you're far from naive and you have a fair idea the effect that a sustained public and personal attack will have on our chairman. He will fight back with all his resources behind him because, in the best tradition of egotists everywhere, he just doesn't do criticism. I think the problem for Murray lies in the fact that this protest isn't going to go away this time and there are only so many times he can engage this enemy without appearing to look silly. Beyond that the pressure will grow and grow until something will break. The role of the pressure group since the dawn of time.

No one here can choose who Murray sells to. Only Murray can do that but at the moment he's disguising his unwillingness to sell with some never-to-be-defined bullshit about needing to ensure the buyer is "right for Rangers".

So if the next owner is no better you will only have Murray to blame. It's exclusively his choice and you do trust him, don't you.

Reclaim Rangers will simply encourage the Great Leader to exercise his benevolent judgement for the benefit of us all..

No, I don't trust Murray. Whatever gave you that idea? He can't help himself lying.

You say no one can choose who Murray sells to. Also no one can choose whether Murray sells or not but you'e trying to influence that. Why not go the whole hog?

Seems that you don't care who takes over as long as you have Murray to blame if it doesn't work out.

he's disguising his unwillingness to sell with some never-to-be-defined bullshit about needing to ensure the buyer is "right for Rangers".

I think that there is a willingness to sell. I think he'd love to get rid of the club. I just don't think that anyone wants to buy it, and I don't believe in the existence of this mythical investor (or were there meant to be 2 groups) from a year ago. I think he's made it up to make it appear like there has been interest to try and generate more interest.

That's totally uninformed and could be wrong but just my take on it.

I think that there is a willingness to sell. I think he'd love to get rid of the club. I just don't think that anyone wants to buy it, and I don't believe in the existence of this mythical investor (or were there meant to be 2 groups) from a year ago. I think he's made it up to make it appear like there has been interest to try and generate more interest.

That's totally uninformed and could be wrong but just my take on it.

Think you're right there, but if you check out the website of "Vanguard" there's a leading article which is nothing less than a diatribe v. SDM blaming him for everything. Now fair criticism when it's due but you cannot blame Murray for Sky pumping loadsamoney into the EPL and Championship;we've been left uncompetitive because we haven't been on a level playing field for some year, nothing to do with Murray's incompetence or otherwise. Big investors just don't see us as a money-making machine. And anyway do you really fancy a Thai criminal a la Man city, Di Stefano (remember Dundee?) - I could go on.. Reason I mention this is because Vanguard are said to be behind Reclaim Rangers.

Think you're right there, but if you check out the website of "Vanguard" there's a leading article which is nothing less than a diatribe v. SDM blaming him for everything. Now fair criticism when it's due but you cannot blame Murray for Sky pumping loadsamoney into the EPL and Championship;we've been left uncompetitive because we haven't been on a level playing field for some year, nothing to do with Murray's incompetence or otherwise. Big investors just don't see us as a money-making machine. And anyway do you really fancy a Thai criminal a la Man city, Di Stefano (remember Dundee?) - I could go on.. Reason I mention this is because Vanguard are said to be behind Reclaim Rangers.

Can you blame lack of Sky TV money for the failure to compete with celtic? Who carries the can for that?

Guest damien

Plenty of valid points in this thread, and thats what is required, sensible suggestion and thought out ideas. Over the past week or so I've heard alot about protests, walkouts, turning backs, cancelling season tickets, you get my drift, Reclaim Rangers aims to be different. It's not aimed at targeting the club, players, media or anything that we've heard about previously, it is solely aimed at SDM.

For example, singing TBB would only hurt the club, team and fans and SDM can claim in papers he's done all he can to stop it. Protests outside the ground only cause animosity between fans.

Reclaim Rangers aims to gather evidence and inform as many people as possible of the wrongs that SDM has caused Rangers.

Now the next train of thought is, ah you weren't saying that when he gave us 9IAR, well simple facts are that was a different era, and the era we're in just now shows we have not been as near a dominant force domestically as we should be. He built the stadium? Again the detail could be went into, but have a look around next time your there. Did you know it wasn't even cleaned from the end of last season to the Liverpool game let alone given a lick of paint. The once magnificent Ibrox Stadium which was the pride of British stadia at one point.

I won't go into much more detail, but the fact is, since his initial enthusiasm SDM has allowed Rangers to dilapidate to the point where we are following rather than leading the pack.

Damien:

I've asked these questions in the other thread which you may have missed. Any chance you could answer them as Maineflyer seems rather reticent to do so...?

I must admit I'm struggling to see how you can force change without having an alternative in place for like-minded people to buy into.

SDM wants to go and increasing numbers of fans agree that his time is up. As such, the protest side of things is becoming increasingly irrelevant. It's the offered alternative that's now important.

If anyone doesn't have such an alternative to offer it undermines any such group's credibility IMO. One just can't say change will improve things without evidence or plans. It may well force positive change and I sincerely hope it does but people need to know much more before committing.

You seem to be in the know with regard to who is involved and what plans are being discussed. As such, I hope you don't mind me asking a few very general and simple questions:

1. Who is involved in the group? Who is James Baillie?

2. Do you have high net worth backers capable of buying the club? A Fergus McCann if you like. If so, who?

3. How do you intend forcing Murray out given his 91.8% shareholding and apparent lack of available buyers?

4. What protest methods are under consideration? Do you have a time-line?

5. How does the group intend to obtain backing from the Rangers support?

6. What ideas do you have for reaching the apathetic majority?

I look forward to you explaining this.

Guest damien

Frankie you'll understand that Reclaim Rangers is very much in the development stage therefore it'd be folly for me to give out any misleading information. What I can say is that this is an alternative strategy not tried before so given time information will be available.

I know that doesn't answer any of the questions, but you'll remember re: RST development, all the answers aren't freely available from the outset.

Frankie you'll understand that Reclaim Rangers is very much in the development stage therefore it'd be folly for me to give out any misleading information. What I can say is that this is an alternative strategy not tried before so given time information will be available.

I know that doesn't answer any of the questions, but you'll remember re: RST development, all the answers aren't freely available from the outset.

Fair enough.

I look forward to hearing more about the project.