Murray more determined than ever?

Guest stv

Thanks boss...

I thought Raman did a fine job last night asking the kind of difficult questions others (such as Chic Young) would duck out of. He certainly seemed to get a reaction out of the chairman.

Let's hope it's not the last time your sports presenters are not frightened to ask difficult questions...

Thanks boss...

I thought Raman did a fine job last night asking the kind of difficult questions others (such as Chic Young) would duck out of. He certainly seemed to get a reaction out of the chairman.

Let's hope it's not the last time your sports presenters are not frightened to ask difficult questions...

Intriguing. I certainly think I would rather trust SDM than some Thai/Russian/Romanov-type who I don't know. I actually believe him when he says he won't sell unless it's in the club's best interests. BUT - I cannot belive when he says that the Manchester events got in the way of a potential buyer. More to do with the fact that we are not likely to get into the EPL. That's why I think we need to move heaven and earth to form a new Euro League as a rival to England, Spain and Italy.

Yes the differential in money in the four big countries to the rest of Europe cannot continue for long without ruining the game.

How different would things be looking if the Premiership allowed us to join about 10 years ago????

Two things..........

Firstly, I might give him some credibility if, just once, Murray told us exactly what he means when he says a buyer has to be "good for Rangers". What makes a potential buyer right for Rangers? Why is David Murray the only arbiter and why is he the only one who is allowed to know what this means? Why cannot he define openly what credentials a buyer needs to have? In the absence of this clarification I'm afraid I'll continue to believe Murray is still just blowing smoke up our collective arse.

Secondly, this talk of European financial subservience to Europe's big leagues is irrelevant nonsense when we still can't compete in our own midden. Just one more red herring to obscure the fact that Murray likes being top cat but doesn't like his balls being on the line. He's the one who ain't cutting the mustard and until he can lead this club back above celtic where he found it, he needs to keep his petulance locked up and start delivering - or accept the criticism that's coming his way. Better still, bugger off and let a better man lead the club.

I think the fact that he owns 91% will be his justification as to who should determine who is "right" for Rangers. Not saying it is right but that will be his reasoning. It is still his club in ownership so he has that right, whether we like it or not.

I think the fact that he owns 91% will be his justification as to who should determine who is "right" for Rangers. Not saying it is right but that will be his reasoning. It is still his club in ownership so he has that right, whether we like it or not.

That's correct - but why the need to disguise his intentions with this pretence about being constrained by the club's interests. As if no one out there could be trusted with the club except the one guy I wouldn't trust with my own wallet.

I believe the reality is that Rangers are so enmeshed in Murray's business empire that he actually cannot disengage it without considerable pain to himself. And you already know what I think about his recent nonsense about the �£100m that this "hobby" has apparently cost him.