RANGERS target Maurice Edu will today jet in to Glasgow to discuss personal terms after the club agreed a $5m fee for the midfielder.

The 22-year-old American will be at Ibrox to watch the first SPL home game of the season against Hearts after recently returning from the Olympics in China.

The Toronto FC star appeared in all three of his country's matches in Beijing and is viewed as one of the rising talents in US Soccer.

He enjoyed a fantastic start to his Major League Soccer career with the Canadian side after being selected as first pick in the 2007 MLS draft.

His first season in the American top flight saw him go on to score 4 goals in 25 games with those performances earning him the crown of Rookie of the Year from his fellow players and MLS coaches.

That first season in the professional game also earned him a call up to the US national side late last year, and saw him included in their under-23 squad for this summer's Beijing Olympics.

Rangers will now work with the player and Toronto FC in a bid to secure a work permit for Edu.

After discussing terms in Glasgow, the player is due to join up with his international team mates, including Ibrox star DaMarcus Beasley, for the World Cup qualifying match against Guatemala.

RANGERS target Maurice Edu will today jet in to Glasgow to discuss personal terms after the club agreed a $5m fee for the midfielder.

The 22-year-old American will be at Ibrox to watch the first SPL home game of the season against Hearts after recently returning from the Olympics in China.

The Toronto FC star appeared in all three of his country's matches in Beijing and is viewed as one of the rising talents in US Soccer.

He enjoyed a fantastic start to his Major League Soccer career with the Canadian side after being selected as first pick in the 2007 MLS draft.

His first season in the American top flight saw him go on to score 4 goals in 25 games with those performances earning him the crown of Rookie of the Year from his fellow players and MLS coaches.

That first season in the professional game also earned him a call up to the US national side late last year, and saw him included in their under-23 squad for this summer's Beijing Olympics.

Rangers will now work with the player and Toronto FC in a bid to secure a work permit for Edu.

After discussing terms in Glasgow, the player is due to join up with his international team mates, including Ibrox star DaMarcus Beasley, for the World Cup qualifying match against Guatemala.

Great stuff - do we really need Bresciano now, especially as I hear Davis is finally coming for 3 mill.?

2.65 mill roughly

That would be to USD. Is the fee not Canadian, so it would be slightly less? [Edit - I see you have quoted an article elsewhere saying it is USD. I'm sure I heard it was CAD, but does't make much difference, I guess.]

Edu was in the directors box today. :thup:

That would be to USD. Is the fee not Canadian, so it would be slightly less? [Edit - I see you have quoted an article elsewhere saying it is USD. I'm sure I heard it was CAD, but does't make much difference, I guess.]

Edu was in the directors box today. :thup:

He was indeed in the directors box.

Not sure but I would have thought it would be in USD given the players are all owned by MLS - MLS own them and the respective clubs get a cut.

Even at CAD vs USD they are almost par these days anyway.

Almost ready for bed...

I think I'll read over a few of your and BD's posts to help me drop off... :D :D

OUCH..... or maybe just read some of Gribz's drunken nonsense and you will drop off.