Radio Snyde's football coverage this season?

I was frantic in my attempts to receive an update on the Yahoos game on Sunday, driving along Eglington Street, the power lines of the railway surfing against AM reception. It appeared Radio Snyde were playing music. BBC Radio Scotland provided the good news that Dundee United had equalised. I tuned back to Snyde as I headed along Clyde Street, the music continued. It hit me, Snyde were NOT broadcasting football coverage and the Yahoos were playing at Tannadice.

I believe this is Snyde's fourth continuous season without live coverage of SPL games? In 2004, Snyde refused to pay the going rate to provide live commentary, they relented to the era of the 'Magic Specs' ie watching all the live feeds of all games covered, doing lots of commentary from the banks of tellies, and keeping Lawyers on stand by to ensure they were not encroaching too far into the terrority of those broadcasters who had paid the going rate. Hence, all those pre-fixes of, 'we believe', 'we are told', 'we are informed',..........etc.

Snyde masnaged to keep their level of coverage going because the Phoenix Group's owner, John McGuire sponsored every football related programme. Snyde promised the live commentary would return, it hasn't, and Real Radio has made significant inroads into Snyde's broadcast footprint. John McGuire has pulled the plug, Volkswagon Verve have taken over a much reduced deal. Simply, it appears that Snyde are caught in the laws of diminishing returns.

Thus, no coverage of the Sunday, or Monday SPL game, and SuperscoreboardXtra has been reduced by 30 minutes each midweek night. I wonder if Snyde will provide live commentary on their favourite's Champions League adventures this season? Again, it was John McGuire's Phoenix Group that provided the means to allow Snyde to provide Euro coverage these last four years.

It was five years past that Snyde's Chief Executive, Paul Cooney joined his fellow Yahoos, Wullie Hee-Haw, Stephen Purcell, Charlie Gordon, .......etc on the Board of Scottish Enterprise(Glasgow). He promoted protege, Bitter Martin to Sports Editor, with the promise that the CE post would be his several years into the future. I wonder if Cooney and Snyde founder and former Managing Director, Sir Jimmy Gordon are accepting of Snyde's continued downsizing?

Snyde's owners must be asking questions too? Sailing the good ship Snyde into calmer waters would be a lot easier if they cut the securing ropes that have been tied to ra Sellik's PR machine these last 35 years. Jimmy Sanderson and Bob Crampsey, the real pioneers of Snyde's football coverage, must be turning in their graves.

I was frantic in my attempts to receive an update on the Yahoos game on Sunday, driving along Eglington Street, the power lines of the railway surfing against AM reception. It appeared Radio Snyde were playing music. BBC Radio Scotland provided the good news that Dundee United had equalised. I tuned back to Snyde as I headed along Clyde Street, the music continued. It hit me, Snyde were NOT broadcasting football coverage and the Yahoos were playing at Tannadice.

I believe this is Snyde's fourth continuous season without live coverage of SPL games? In 2004, Snyde refused to pay the going rate to provide live commentary, they relented to the era of the 'Magic Specs' ie watching all the live feeds of all games covered, doing lots of commentary from the banks of tellies, and keeping Lawyers on stand by to ensure they were not encroaching too far into the terrority of those broadcasters who had paid the going rate. Hence, all those pre-fixes of, 'we believe', 'we are told', 'we are informed',..........etc.

Snyde masnaged to keep their level of coverage going because the Phoenix Group's owner, John McGuire sponsored every football related programme. Snyde promised the live commentary would return, it hasn't, and Real Radio has made significant inroads into Snyde's broadcast footprint. John McGuire has pulled the plug, Volkswagon Verve have taken over a much reduced deal. Simply, it appears that Snyde are caught in the laws of diminishing returns.

Thus, no coverage of the Sunday, or Monday SPL game, and SuperscoreboardXtra has been reduced by 30 minutes each midweek night. I wonder if Snyde will provide live commentary on their favourite's Champions League adventures this season? Again, it was John McGuire's Phoenix Group that provided the means to allow Snyde to provide Euro coverage these last four years.

It was five years past that Snyde's Chief Executive, Paul Cooney joined his fellow Yahoos, Wullie Hee-Haw, Stephen Purcell, Charlie Gordon, .......etc on the Board of Scottish Enterprise(Glasgow). He promoted protege, Bitter Martin to Sports Editor, with the promise that the CE post would be his several years into the future. I wonder if Cooney and Snyde founder and former Managing Director, Sir Jimmy Gordon are accepting of Snyde's continued downsizing?

Snyde's owners must be asking questions too? Sailing the good ship Snyde into calmer waters would be a lot easier if they cut the securing ropes that have been tied to ra Sellik's PR machine these last 35 years. Jimmy Sanderson and Bob Crampsey, the real pioneers of Snyde's football coverage, must be turning in their graves.

Take it you're not a fan of Radio Clyde then.;)

Has it not been years since Snyde covered football live and I can only remember them covering OF games on a Sunday, and that includes the 80's and 90's aswell...

Still it has turned into C****c supporters Club, and as such there is such spite for Rangers on Snyde now that it is pointless even listening for "untinted" commentary and views.

i think spiers is another one best left ignored. i cant stand him - but he delights in the controversy he creates. if he were to be banned from ibrox he would delight in becoming some intellectual martyr for the cause of anti-bigotry or some such nonsense.

anyone who listens to him and nod approvingly are their own punishment.

I tried to listen to it also , but nothing Clyde 1 or 2 Which i thought was strange as they bend over backwards to report on Celtic. would rather play champ and listen to the commentry or lack of it than watch them but ended up just watching it on Celtanta.

The Phone in on Superscoreboard is terrible this season it lasts for 1 hour and half of that is adverts which does my head in i have found myself switching to Real Radio which i dont usually listen too.

Sounds like Clyde is going to the dogs and the evidence is there for all to see.