Radio Snyde's football coverage this season?

I honestly haven't listened to Clyde since I moved through to Edinburgh 11 years ago. Radio Scotland do commentaries and, apart from the odd listen to the Real Radio phone-in, that's where I listen to my football.

i think spiers is another one best left ignored. i cant stand him - but he delights in the controversy he creates. if he were to be banned from ibrox he would delight in becoming some intellectual martyr for the cause of anti-bigotry or some such nonsense.

anyone who listens to him and nod approvingly are their own punishment.

Mate,

Given the wide platform the likes of Spiers et al still have to spread malicious lies and gossip about our club, I don't think ignorance is a realistic option.

It's well worth countering any nonsense and while that may keep their profile high, it won't help their reputation.

Mate,

Given the wide platform the likes of Spiers et al still have to spread malicious lies and gossip about our club, I don't think ignorance is a realistic option.

It's well worth countering any nonsense and while that may keep their profile high, it won't help their reputation.

i know this you think this man, and i know why. a lie gets repeated often enough and it takes on the appearances of truth (the bouncy being an insane case in point) and the only people who suffer are those who are being disparaged and they are the very people who have no platform to respond.

but i've listened to these phone ins man, and there are seldom many sane people on them. i remember a guy came here and wrote a brilliant article - i took him to task on it at first until i realised it was a response to phone in punters, upon which it all made sense.

no-one in any of these businesses (radio, papers, anywhere) are in the market for charitable analysis - both sides just want to "here, here" any old pish that gets regurgitated either way.

i still think ignoring is the best policy. when it comes to empirical data, i dont think you'll find all the sense in the world makes one bit of difference to what goes on there. as soon as you step into it you step into the absurd theatricality of it all.

in my experience no-one cares about the facts - not even rangers fans.

Is big DJ not still on Clyde? I think he's rather funny actually chaps.

He is still there . and cracking jokes but for me he is too scared to stand up for Rangers on the show and is scared of offending Celtic and constantly sits on the fence in order not to offend so he may be a Rangers legend but he is before my time and i do not respect him as a pundit or his views.

i know this you think this man, and i know why. a lie gets repeated often enough and it takes on the appearances of truth (the bouncy being an insane case in point) and the only people who suffer are those who are being disparaged and they are the very people who have no platform to respond.

but i've listened to these phone ins man, and there are seldom many sane people on them. i remember a guy came here and wrote a brilliant article - i took him to task on it at first until i realised it was a response to phone in punters, upon which it all made sense.

no-one in any of these businesses (radio, papers, anywhere) are in the market for charitable analysis - both sides just want to "here, here" any old pish that gets regurgitated either way.

i still think ignoring is the best policy. when it comes to empirical data, i dont think you'll find all the sense in the world makes one bit of difference to what goes on there. as soon as you step into it you step into the absurd theatricality of it all.

in my experience no-one cares about the facts - not even rangers fans.

Mate:

It's not just radio phone-in listeners who believe the lies.

The SFA/SPL/Scottish Executive/UEFA and more all took the bait and it was because our club ignored them that you, me and all other Rangers fans are immediately equated with bigotry.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to ensure people like Spiers are challenged at every opportunity.

i was raging that no-one at ibrox came out and said, after manchester, "manchester probably has that much trouble on any given weekend, thanks for all those thousands upon thousands who came and enjoyed it all cheerfully", but no amount of PR is going to make that happen.

the way i look at it is that if someone equates me with being a bigot because i'm a rangers fan then they are welcome to their idiocy - we probably wouldnt have been friends anyway.

i can understand why people think differently, but this is what i think.

i was raging that no-one at ibrox came out and said, after manchester, "manchester probably has that much trouble on any given weekend, thanks for all those thousands upon thousands who came and enjoyed it all cheerfully", but no amount of PR is going to make that happen.

the way i look at it is that if someone equates me with being a bigot because i'm a rangers fan then they are welcome to their idiocy - we probably wouldnt have been friends anyway.

i can understand why people think differently, but this is what i think.

I'm not questioning that they are idiots mate - of course they are.

But these idiots are formulating policy within the highest levels of sport, media and politics so while one may wish to ignore, one only needs to attend any Rangers game or check their taxes to show that turning the other cheek does not acquire results.

I'm going to send you an email with a document that I have worked on for several months. It may open your eyes further to a few things... :box:

Going back to Radio Clyde, the most important thing is their bottom line. Perhaps they have found that they don't need to supply commentary as so many sheep automatically tune in anyway and there is no real benefit from having it?