a fresh start ?

Guest carsten

Whilst I agree with msot of Wija's post, there is no way we need or can afford an enitrely new back 4.

The squad is far too large as it is and several players would have to be sold before we could look at bringing many more in.

RB we have Whittaker and Broadfoot although SW really needs to make this position his own. We also have Lowing in reserve he loosk decent.

CB We have Bourgherra as first choice with Weir although I think we would all like a first choice pick ahead of DW. However in back up to these two we have Broadfoot, Dailly (not happy with him) Webster when he returns from loan hopefully as the player he was at Hearts.

LB we have Papac as back up with hopefully a fully recovered Smith as back up, possibly taking first choice.

I agree, if we can find room in the squad and the funds, another centre back is required.

Broadfoot and or Whittaker would have to go before another RB came in and ithink we're covered at LB.

Whilst I agree with msot of Wija's post, there is no way we need or can afford an enitrely new back 4.

The squad is far too large as it is and several players would have to be sold before we could look at bringing many more in.

RB we have Whittaker and Broadfoot although SW really needs to make this position his own. We also have Lowing in reserve he loosk decent.

CB We have Bourgherra as first choice with Weir although I think we would all like a first choice pick ahead of DW. However in back up to these two we have Broadfoot, Dailly (not happy with him) Webster when he returns from loan hopefully as the player he was at Hearts.

LB we have Papac as back up with hopefully a fully recovered Smith as back up, possibly taking first choice.

I agree, if we can find room in the squad and the funds, another centre back is required.

Broadfoot and or Whittaker would have to go before another RB came in and ithink we're covered at LB.

Never said we needed a new back four matey, but we need to have the personnel there to do the job of said positions, and not 4 CB's as has been pointed out on many occasions on this site.

Never said we needed a new back four matey, but we need to have the personnel there to do the job of said positions, and not 4 CB's as has been pointed out on many occasions on this site.

Fair enough, read too much into the comment about needing 2 CB's and 2 FB's

Wija is correct, it will be an entire waste of time of we dont utilise players properly. I will back Adam etc if they are picked but they have had too many chances its time for them to wait until the next person plays poor. You just know there will be a lot of gruntled voices if they see McCulloch and Adam in the team at the moment.

And the thread title isnt a bad shout - a new start, we could be looking to change the back 4 over the next 9 months so by the start of next season we have a new look defence.

But as SA says a few players have to be shipped out the door. There is a lot of dead wood and players who just arent good enough to bring the league home over a season - I think everyone knows who Im on about. :P

Guest ecosse1

Where are the flair players? The players that get you off your seat, get you excited as you walk down Edminston Drive .

We have to many "workmanlike" players and to few exciting players, guys who could turn a match with a wee bit of magic.

There must be some pacey skillful players out there we could affoard.

Guest ecosse1

I will be better iplaced to have an opinion on Mendes after tomorrows game, (my first chance to see him in a gers jersey).

Both my misses and my son cerainly rate him, I look foward to forming my own opinion tomorrow..

ecosse:

I seen Mendes in the flesh for the first time last week. While I actually thought Kevin Thomson was our MoM against Hearts the performance of pedro was most refreshing.

He reminded me of Tugay actually in the way he played the game. Tidy and efficient in possession and always one step ahead when it came to positioning and first touch. Most impressive.

Tomorrow at Pittodrie will be a bigger test so I look forward to him showing even more class alongside our new-look midfield.

:)

I will be better iplaced to have an opinion on Mendes after tomorrows game, (my first chance to see him in a gers jersey).

Both my misses and my son cerainly rate him, I look foward to forming my own opinion tomorrow..

If he turns in a performance like he did last saturday you will not be dissapointed. he can hold the ball, shrug off the opposition, see a pass and the one i like best, MAKE A FORWARD PASS THAT ENDS UP AT THE FEET OF ONE OF OUR PLAYERS! i seen more forward passes against hearts than i have over the last six months at Ibrox. he also brought players into the game and linked up very well with Thompson.

all we haver to do is get rid of McCulloch and we just might have a decent team on our hands.