a fresh start ?

Guest carsten

All we needed was someone in midfield to take a bit of mantle and stand up, I think we'll get that in Mendes.

Agree with comments on Davis above, he can start but doesnt have to be a touchline wide winger, he can play inside right and more central. Under Advocaat we often had 4 real midfielders none who were natural wingers - Reyna or Tugay with Gio, Barry and Albertz and it worked a treat in games.

I cant wait to see the team whwn everyone is available

All we needed was someone in midfield to take a bit of mantle and stand up, I think we'll get that in Mendes.

Agree with comments on Davis above, he can start but doesnt have to be a touchline wide winger, he can play inside right and more central. Under Advocaat we often had 4 real midfielders none who were natural wingers - Reyna or Tugay with Gio, Barry and Albertz and it worked a treat in games.

I cant wait to see the team whwn everyone is available

But under DA, we had very attacking full-backs that made up for the lack of width in the midfield ;)

We are certainly loading up with (excellent) options in midfield but we can't continue to play 4 centre-backs in the back four - we require fullbacks!

Cammy F

Guest damien

Up until the signings last week I was unhopeful of this year's assault on the league but the modicum of a midfield now beginning to appear I'm getting more optimistic. What we need is a stable team now, none of this rotation nonsense, a solid eleven that will go out and do the business with the fringe players bursting a gut to break into the team. Let's do it Rangers.

Disclaimer: damien in positive post shocker, normal service will resume shortly :D

But under DA, we had very attacking full-backs that made up for the lack of width in the midfield ;)

We are certainly loading up with (excellent) options in midfield but we can't continue to play 4 centre-backs in the back four - we require fullbacks!

Cammy F

IIRC DA played Porrini and Vidmar at full backs when Numan was unavailable but it still worked well. But DA had McCann, Johannsen and Kanchelskis for his wide men also.

The quality we have now isnt as good as it was then but its certainly the best options since then simply due to the fact we have went out and bought real midfielders. However all the new signings still have to prove it to us over a season, but this is the best midfield on paper in a good few years.

Guest carsten

cheers fellow bears, its great to here positive comments from you all after the euro horror show i feel confident about domestic success this season as even a half decent gers team should take care of the bheggers

The fact that you are wanting a big athletic black guy makes me wonder if you are on the right forum.:D

Sorry was aimed at Cotter. Forgot to Quote.

Heh Heh. Aye I'll give Mo a call when he arrives and get him round to pummel the bird while I sit in my favourite armchair in a smoking jacket barking instructions. Fwap fwap fwap.

The signings will mean hee haw if WS continues to play people out of place.

I am allot more hopeful now with the people we have signed, and some good signings there are... but they are too late and I believe to appease the masses to a degree...

I think that Murray and WS believed we would get through and we would sign the majority of the players we have, but why did they wait? That is now in the past and of course I will support all the players we have whenever they step up to the mark in the Blue of our team - even Lee McCulloch and Charlie Adam!!

I just feel that with a little fore thought we would be picking up CL money and we would be top/joint top of the league. Its early doors but with the midfielders we have brought in we can now stop the negative football. We now need the defence to be sorted with 2 CB's and 2 FB's.

The strikers after all are not an issue, we have 8 to choose from and one of them must be able to score FFS.