I think we may be looking at a 4-3-3 formation now

Mendes, Davis, Thomson in midfield

With Boyd/Velicka up front, then any 2 of Aaron, Lafferty, Novo, Miller playing off the main man

you forgot mcculloch. walter wont.

I would play Novo wide right aswell if its 4-3-3/4-5-1 but id also give him a run through the middle in a 4-4-2.

We need pacey players against Aberdeen on Saturday, if we get that then we could give them a dooing. The options are great though and choosing a XI is getting difficult.

Certainly the midfield is going to be interesting. With Lafferty probably being injured though I think many may be disappointed as McCulloch might come back in. Particularly with Smith penchant for going safe at it being away at pittodrie. Other options for the left are Adam, Beasley (although is he fit enough to start), Aaron (same issue as DmB and also is Walter brave enough to pitch him in.

Obviously formation, shape and tactics will dictate who plays wide left. Will we want a true wide player or a more solid midfield.

Certainly the midfield is going to be interesting. With Lafferty probably being injured though I think many may be disappointed as McCulloch might come back in. Particularly with Smith penchant for going safe at it being away at pittodrie. Other options for the left are Adam, Beasley (although is he fit enough to start), Aaron (same issue as DmB and also is Walter brave enough to pitch him in.

Obviously formation, shape and tactics will dictate who plays wide left. Will we want a true wide player or a more solid midfield.

Beasley and Edu played in a World Cup tie last night for USA - although only in 2nd half. If he's fit enough for that...

Beasley and Edu played in a World Cup tie last night for USA - although only in 2nd half. If he's fit enough for that...

Aye, forgot i'd read that earlier. Still with so many choices for Walter it wont be easy to predict the sterting line up.

Excellent to see the Davis deal finally completed :thup:

Our squad is now looking much stronger. It's amazing the difference a week can make. We could maybe still do with bringing in another defender, but overall I think we can feel very confident about the SPL title coming home. :rfc:

With Lafferty probably being injured though I think many may be disappointed as McCulloch might come back in. Particularly with Smith penchant for going safe at it being away at pittodrie. Other options for the left are Adam, Beasley (although is he fit enough to start), Aaron (same issue as DmB and also is Walter brave enough to pitch him in.

I'm praying he plays the youngster Aaron up the left since he's just the ticket to help us hammer those sheep lovers. If WS continues to play McCulloch he's going down in my estimations with each instance. Big Lee shouldn't be in the first team at all imo. To be playing him is purely crap team selection. He's another one of our players that might be a trier, but is ultimately a complete donkey when compared to decent players & like flatfoot, he's probably not much more than an accident waiting to happen in my eyes. Sorry if you're a Big Lee lover or a mate of his, but I call them like I see them.

*cough* initially I thought he was a great signing and eben up til now he comes out with all the right words. BUT, apart from the first few games he played, he has done nothing for us and is a waste. I hate slagging players, but he really shouldnt be playing 1st team, if at all.

I'm praying he plays the youngster Aaron up the left since he's just the ticket to help us hammer those sheep lovers. If WS continues to play McCulloch he's going down in my estimations with each instance. Big Lee shouldn't be in the first team at all imo. To be playing him is purely crap team selection. He's another one of our players that might be a trier, but is ultimately a complete donkey when compared to decent players & like flatfoot, he's probably not much more than an accident waiting to happen in my eyes. Sorry if you're a Big Lee lover or a mate of his, but I call them like I see them.

Agreed, id play Aaron aswell. I was hoping for Beasley to get a run on the left but if Aaron is a better player, more dangerous player then play him. Beasley is still lightweight and injury prone and even may be a better impact sub player.

I thought he started well last season but faded towards the end of the campaign but this was probably due to the fact he hadn't been playing regularly with Fulham and was then thrown into playing 3 games or more per week.

I'm glad we signed him and can see him as a long term replacement to BF.