George Burley is an idiot

He's never been in a job with the sort of profile as the one he's currently in and it's beginning to show. He needs to do some brushing up on his PR skills if he's to have any chance of keeping the nation on-side. Preferably starting with a speech therapist to give him a hand with his constant slurring.

After our performance in the previous campaign, expectations are high. I've got my doubts as to whether Burley will be able to deliver. Maybe like Frankie says he's 'a manager of limited ability'. He's not been tested at this level before and I suppose we'll find out soon enough if he's up to the task.

I was kind of happy when Burley got the Scotland job, but ive never wanted him at Rangers.

His first few games in charge of the national team havent been enouraging and he seems to be handing out caps like Berti Vogts did

The proof is in the pudding and he will be judged on the WC campaign though

Unforgivable comment about Broadfoot. There can be no context in which such a comment should ever be uttered by an international team manager.

given that it was me who said about text, i mean if he was saying something like "in terms of skill and guile going forward he's a player of limited ability, but his overall benefit to the team outweighs any technical deficiences" would be a fair enough context for me.

in saying that, i doubt s_a would have failed to say something like that. but until i'd seen exactly what was said i reckon its better to be charitable.

its a ridiculous phrase - i've used millions though. i think his intent is shown is choosing him rather than a throwaway phrase in an age where everything is recorded. he doesn't even get the benefit of the preview button we have here and i say daft stuff i regret all the time.

i'm quite willing to bet he will have a quiet word with a kirk who wont give a flying because he's in the national squad on merit.

He needs to do some brushing up on his PR skills if he's to have any chance of keeping the nation on-side. Preferably starting with a speech therapist to give him a hand with his constant slurring.

Ah, so it's a speech impediment? Here was me thinking he was always just steaming drunk. :)