National team's lack of bears

Seems to me that throughout history and round the world there are many male garments that are not trousers.

Clothes are after all just garments to cover the body and are almost arbitrarily gender assigned.

The kilt is obviously gender assigned to men and I find it strange that you think anything that does not agree with the recent Western convention of men wearing trousers, as feminine.

I think it's obvious you have issues when you are afraid of male attire because you think it could be mistaken for women's clothing even when few knowledgeable people would make that mistake. And I doubt many blokes who enjoy dressing as a woman would choose to wear a kilt to fulfil their fantasies.

Perhaps you need to relax and find more confidence in your own masculinity - and Scottishness...

You seem to be trying far too hard to show how you are more Scottish and more manly than everyone else.

I can assure you that anyone who knows me knows that I care not a jot how Scottish or manly I am perceived. I am merely having a light-hearted debate on patriotism and the man-skirt is just an annoying aside.

Chill out please, and I will do likewise. I think the skirt looks girly, and I am not afraid to say it. It has nothing to do with my masculinity, I think it looks bad, thats all. I wouldn't wear it, but happily accept the right of those who wish to do so. I am in fact going to a family wedding this saturday where the man-skirt will be in full attendance, but not me or a couple of others who dont like them.

A great array of responses since my last post in this thread.

I got the exact response I thought I would from the ex-pats, that it doesn't matter how long they have been away or why they decided to move away, they are all still patriotic Scots.

Well sorry guys, but that just will not wash with us who pay our way in this country. Remembering that the definition of Patriotic is loyalty, where is the loyalty in buggering off to avoid paying your taxes?

Are you serious? Who mentioned they moved overseas to soley avoid paying taxes? Pete is in the debate and Im pretty sure his taxes in Holland are higher than in UK. There are also a few posters from down south (Calscot and Wija) and their taxes (council tax especially) are likely to be higher than the rest in Scotland.

And please explain why immigrating for work purposes and to better ones life style means we are not loyal to the country? Maybe we just feel we arent getting value for money...taxes are everywhere but in UK the public services we get are beyond a joke...

The NHS is supposed to be free yet i paid national insurance from the age of 16 and rarely received any treatment...yet when i did need something i had to wait 6 months for a hospital appointment

The roads are terrible with pot holes,

The public transport system is terrible - when i took the train from Aberdeen to Glasgow for a Gers match Scotrail lay on 3 carriages which was mobbed by Perth - then how many delays do you read about down south?

We are TOLD when to put our friggin bins out and are now being fined if its on the wrong day and they arent being picked up if they are 1 inch open from the top

I could go on and on....but to show loyality to that service is insanity IMO. Im touching onto a different topic now that UK is becoming far to Big Brother style.

You are not contributing anything to your country by staying away and out of the tax system, and that again is a valid and completely defendable point.

Complete drivel. Who says i dont pay any tax anyway??? I still have an apartment there that im paying a mortgage and council tax on. I also work for a UK company which has maintained excellent growth in the UK providing jobs for UK citiezens. This has been recognised by a few awarding bodies.

If it wasn't for the Rangers, would you even bother with this country at all, now that you have settled into another way of life in another culture?

Yeah thats right we'd wipe Scotland off the map :rolleyes:

As proud of Scotland and its heritage and history and achievements as I am, I'm sure you are, but patriotic about Scotland, no chance

Your saying there is no chance we are as patriotic as you yet YOUR the one who smiled when the national team lost last week. Talk about contradicting yourself.

Im sorry but it seems you have issues with anyone immigrating more than anything else. Do you know any foriegners in the UK from say the US, Canada, Australia, India????? Go ask them if they arent patriotic about their own country just because they live in the UK.