If Lafferty has even 75% of the ability Cousin had when in the mood then we could have a player on our hands. Lafferty will give his all so would be more consistant. So yeah a miller / Lafferty partnership would be my preferrance at the moment.

With Cousin, Miller, Thomson and possibly Weir all out from the team that won at Parkhead, along with Lafferty still being unavailable, it makes picking this weekends team hard to predict.

If Weir is still out the back four should still be easy:

Whittaker Broadfoot Bougherra Papac.

But with the forward line from our last game both unavailable for different reason and a key midfielder also out there are numerous permeatations to formations and player selections and right now they all seem as good/bad as each other.

Never found it so difficult to pick my XI when there's still so many options. :confused:

Its being reported Weir will be fit to play....

:thup:

Had heard reports he was struggling but did not know if it was true.

At least we'll have consistency in the back four.

As I said, I could pick numerous formations and line-ups for the rest.

Midfield from: Mendes, Davis, Hemdani (Perhaps), Adam, Dailly :( Edu, Aaron, Novo, Lafferty, Beasley

Forwards from: Boyd, Novo, Darche, Velicka

Maybe missed a couple.

Would maybe go 4-4-2

Davis Mendes Hemdani Beasley

Boyd Novo

A combination of what I would do and what Smith is likely to do. Don't really like Hemdani in the middle with Davis out right, but with few striking options I would play Novo uptop with Boyd, which only really leaves Davis available for the right. The defensive qualities of Hemdani might complement the creativity of Mendes better than Davis in any case, although if one plays with discipline i'm sure Davis and Mendes have the ability to compliment each other.

Could easily go with about a dozen different line ups though.

According to that story Edu seems certain to move into the midfield.

--------------McGregor----------

Broadfoot-----Bougherra----Weir---- Papac

------------------Edu-------------------

Davis-------------Mendes----------Beasley

-------Lafferty\Nacho---------Miller\Aaron

Blue if others are unfit

Beasley and Aaron may be the other way about with Beasley playing more advanced.

That performance should be the benchmark for all our performances this season, that performance shouldnââ?¬â?¢t be a ââ?¬Ë?one-offââ?¬â?¢, but the standard that we must achieve on a weekly basis starting against Kilmarnock. The forthcoming home games against Killie and Motherwell are now as, if not, more important that the OF game. We need to continue to improve on the pitch and MUST secure 6 points from these two awkward home games.

Yip agree fully. The hard work done against celtic will almost be pointless if we went and threw away silly points. We should be looking to win EVERY home game. The performance level against celtic was top notch and would be difficult to expect every game but the benchmark has been set and we should certainly try to be like this week in week out.

As well as starting to look for consistency in performance, I hope that (injuries, suspensions and loopholes in contracts permitting) that the management team can now look for consistency in selection. I have to admit that the loss of Cousin is a blow as when he was ââ?¬Ë?switched onââ?¬â?¢ he was by far the best forward we had on our books. However, that ship has sailed and WS and his team require to decide on what pairing they think will be best for Rangers. I can see them plumping for Miller and A.N.Other.

Agreed, a Switched on Cousin is a huge loss and il be interested to see how he does at Hull. IMO he made the wrong move as Ibrox was a better option than Hull. He and Miller upfront with a solid yet creative midfield 4 put us back looking like a real team again. I was all for 4-3-3/4-5-1 recently but after seeing how we played at parkhead im not hoping Lafferty comes good and leads the Cousin like role.