I know he has had a couple of injuries, but for the money we paid for him, I for one am expecting a lot from him this season, for me he really should be starting to make an impact yet no-one seems to be saying much about him !!. Thoughts

Guest metalliger

Walter Smith mentioned when we signed him that the bulk of the fee was on potential. Although it would be brilliant if he made an impact this season, I don't think its going to happen.

I think he'll turn out to be a great central striker, although I don't quite understand the point of waiting to play him there as Walt's been doing. Baffling as usual. Style of play reminds me of a young Flo!:P

Going The Extra Kyle

By Andrew Dickson

KYLE LAFFERTY is determined to stop his Rangers dream from going sour when the Light Blues travel to St Mirren on Sunday.

The Northern Ireland striker fulfilled a lifetime ambition in the summer when he signed a contract at Ibrox after moving north from Burnley.

Kyle Lafferty, RangersBut since then things haven't really gone his way as a string of minor injuries have hindered his progress.

Lafferty scored on his home debut against Hearts on August 16 but has only made two substitute appearances in the time since because of the problems he has suffered.

Now he is fit again and is hopeful of making his second start for the club when Walter Smith takes his men to Love Street for the last time.

Lafferty said: "It has been a bit frustrating lately but I've been training all week and it is good to be back again.

"Hopefully I can get into the team because I'm fit and available. Things started well for me and I scored in my first home game.

"But after that things went downhill because of injuries and hopefully that is all behind me now.

"It would be good to pick up from where I left off the last time I started and I'd love to get a chance against St Mirren."Kyle Lafferty, Rangers

Lafferty hasn't been helped by the good form shown by some of the other strikers Smith has at his disposal.

Both Kris Boyd and Kenny Miller have scored goals recently, while Jean-Claude Darcheville has also been in the first XI.

But the 21-year-old knows the only way he can get involved himself is by impressing in training rather than hoping others slip up.

Lafferty added: "It is really up to me to prove to the manager that he should be starting me in games.

"Football is a team game and we're winning at the moment so as long as we're at the top of the SPL, that's what counts.

"I relish the challenge though and I'm looking forward to trying to push in. It's hard to do that as Kris and Kenny are both playing well and scoring goals.

"In turn, that's getting us results but I'll just work even harder to try to get into the gaffer's first XI and see where it takes me."

I don't think any of us can make up our minds until the lad actually plays more than the odd ten minutes out on the wing.

Remember he's still pretty young so I think he deserves a bit of patience in that regard.