rumour has it that Boyd is about to inform the SFA that he would like to be excluded from the Scotland squad as long as George Burley is the manager.

Boyd Clearly frustrated at being left out of the squad and absent from hampden yesterday has come to the decision after confiding in family and friends.

If this is true then there will certainly be a back lash against burley who has failed to impress as scotland manager so far. He got it tactically wrong by playing Mcfayden as a lone striker yesterday against a Defence that was allmost twice his hight and was forced to change his tactics early in the second half and brought on two untried strikers in a must win game.

It is clear for all to see that he doesnt rate boyd even though he has scored in every start for scotland and has 7 goals in 15 outings for Scotland.

Personally I dont blame him if he does make the decision. and i wouldnt be suprised if he leaves Ibrox in the winter transfer window either. Smith has treated him no better after stating that he would have to "build a team around him" and then drop him for a player who has struggled to kick his own arse in recent games.

I've said before we wouldn't qualify under GB. His decision not to put Boyd on anytime yesterday was bad and to put someone like Iwelumo before him was shocking IMO. I was reading in the paper yesterday about WS and AM getting slagged off for playing defensive football and GB was actually getting praise for trying to play attcking football. I don't see it myself and we're now going backwards after WS and AM got us back on track.

It would be best if Boyd went to a team who played to his strengths as we certainly don't or will.

Will be a nightmare if he quits both IMO but thats already known.

Was out all day yesterday so only got to see part of the highlights and the after match stuff. Nevin and Collins seemed gobsmacked that Boyd wasnt on, Nevin in particular.

From the brief bits I saw, the miss aside, Iweulmo did pretty well but Im sure this was partly due to playing 2 up front. The highlights they showed with Faddy up front along 2 'giant' centre halves though, was just farcical. Especially in a game we really needed to win.

I am not a Boyd fan as is well documented, "BUT" he should have been the first name on the team sheet yesterday. We needed goals and who does that better than anyone. BOYD!!!

Quick, someone pick me up off the floor ;) :fish:

I do agree though Pete, he just had to appear. Was he not even on the bench? just reading above and it sounded like he wasnt involved at all. Being slightly lazy but been looking after my poorly daughter so no time to get newspapaers etc

Quick, someone pick me up off the floor ;) :fish:

I do agree though Pete, he just had to appear. Was he not even on the bench? just reading above and it sounded like he wasnt involved at all. Being slightly lazy but been looking after my poorly daughter so no time to get newspapaers etc

He was on the bench and could still have been brought on even after Iwelumo's shocker.

I understand he is not quitting Scotland just doesn't want to be involved as long as GB is in charge. If it comes down to GB or Boyd to go, then I would definitely want Burley to go rather than lose Boyd from the Scotland scene. In terms of goals no one even comes close. Did Burley not see his brilliant goal v Thistle? Kris can accept being second fiddle to Miller or Faddy, but to an untried 30-year-old?

Burley was saying yesterday (post match) in defense of his decision not to play Boyd, that Boyd needs to proof himself at Rangers. Boyd scores 75 goals at RFC in just over 2 and a half years, averaging around 30 goals per year, but he needs to proof himself??? Am I missing something here or is George Burley a moron? He is totally bloody useless.

Ladies & Gentlemen..... I present to you.... George Burley.... TA DA !!!!!!

Posh lady stands up & says... "George, please do the Scotland team & the nation as a whole a BIG favour & p*ss off back down the hole you crawled out of."

Whole crowd stands up & says... "Aye, F*CK OFF !!! .....you TWAT !!!"

I don't think being behind Iwelumo was wrong, but I think being overlooked for Fletcher was. Iwelumo and Boyd could have been a good blend of players.

There's been rumours from the start of Burley's tender that all was not well behind the scenes and I think this is just the latest evidence of that.

As for Burley, I just don't understand what he was doing yesterday with his selection and the way we lined up. Let alone the substitutions. We should have been set up to attack yesterday and taken the game to them. Man-mark Carew out of the game, stick two up top and go for the win.