Don't think "correct" is the word, but putting on a competent striker is a step in the right direction. Seems to me that he couldn't have been more wrong with most people in the crowd confident of scoring that chance.

WS does play him about half the time and I don't think our manager would pick Iwelumo before KB. Darcheville, Cousin and Miller yes.

Will he be quitting Rangers now as well because WS doesn't play him ?.

Also, if Iwelumo had scored that chance and Scotland had won, would the manager have been correct in his team selection ?.

Boyd has been playing though - for the most part this season.

Didn't start the last two games but before that (outwith Celtic) he had started every game.

Big Eck should have stuck it out till the world cup as he had the makings of a fighting team. Instead he's effectively chosen the championship and possibly career suicide - which is really hard to fathom.

McLeish took the gamble that he could keep Birmingham in the Premiership or failing that he'd have a good enough squad at his disposal to get them out the Championship first time of asking. Which although it is only early days in the season he has a realistic chance of doing.

Probably also felt that he'd taken Scotland as far as he could, that he couldn't face another 18 months going through a qualifying campaign and that he wanted back to day to day club management. Wouldn't call it possible career suicide.

Boyd has been playing though - for the most part this season.

Didn't start the last two games but before that (outwith Celtic) he had started every game.

Apart for the 2 Kaunus games, of course.

So that's missing 5 out of 11, and missing out on most of the difficult games.

Burley's comments on Boyd after the game, had me saying that Boyd should tell him to GTF so I can understand why he's done this. Again today Burley's trying to worm his way out of it by questioning Boyd's attitude and commitment. I agree that there's more to this than meets the eye. Both of them are saying that it's nothing personal, but I think that's exactly what it is.

I hope Boyd can be convinced to change his mind, as he's our best goal scorer by a mile, but that's only going to happen if Burley sorts out HIS apparent attitude problem with the player.

The die was cast for Boydy during the recent Ulster friendly. When they were down to 10 men, we started to take advantage by putting extra men forward.

As the game drew towards its conclusion, Boyd was the only man capable of sniffing out a goal. This was so obvious. Why was he not played ?

Today Burley says Boyd is not considered good enough to be played regularly by the "most highly respected managers" in the game..WS. If this is the case then why did Burley have him in his squad and on the bench for this game and the Norway game.

If the best Scottish goalscorer of recent times can't get a game and feels humiliated by being left on the bench for no apparent or logical reason what's left for him to do but stand aside and let a more prolific goalscorer take his place.

Whether or not Boyd is considered lazy or not, his talents are what wins football matches even if it means the rest of the team trying 10% harder.

Boyd is right in what he's done. Why Burley has done this is a complete mystery.

Once again the silence from Ibrox is deafening and all around, Boyd and others at our club are being slaughtered in the press. Given Burley's statement yesterday, there should be an equally strong one from Ibrox - be it from Boyd, SDM or even Walter Smith. Some of the stuff being mentioned today by various so-called journalists is ridiculous. Not to mention some of the stuff that's being conveniently forgotten by them.

Why do we always appear to be so happy to be the whipping boys for the rest of Scottish football via the media?

I couldnt believe burleys statement " walter doesnt play him why should i" Why the hell pick him in the first place?

Burley has used the boyd issue to deflect from the fact that he totally fucked up on saturday. he even thinks that he got his tactics right too.

Yeah playing Mcfayden up front on his own against the tallest defence this side of the milleneum was a stroke of genius goerge. What next, bring on Jimmy Crankie to mark carew in the away leg?

total fuckwit.

I couldnt believe burleys statement " walter doesnt play him why should i" Why the hell pick him in the first place?

Obviously Burley doesn't pay enough attention to his players roles in their club squads. WS has even said in defense of not starting or playing Boyd recently that he has indeed played him in one form or another in a large percentage of games (75% was it?).

Burley has used the boyd issue to deflect from the fact that he totally fucked up on saturday. he even thinks that he got his tactics right too.

Totally agree. Burley can't get worked up about the team in general, so why should he be worked up about a player that he apparently doesn't rate, never mind play.

total fuckwit.

+1 :thup:

Kris Boyd has accused Scotland boss George Burley of stooping "below the belt" in his criticism of the Rangers striker.

Boyd insists he does not want to become embroiled in a war of words with Burley over his decision to quit the national team.

The 25-year-old informed the Scottish Football Association he no longer wished to be considered for selection while Burley remains at the helm, claiming he has not been given a chance by the former Hearts and Ipswich boss.

Boyd's decision to quit was within hours of spending the whole of Saturday's goalless World Cup qualifier against Norway on the bench.

Burley then hit back in a media conference on Monday when he accused Boyd of turning his back on his country and a lack of commitment to the national cause.

But Boyd told Rangers World: "I think I've shown before that I've got the passion needed to play for my country so I think that comment was a bit below the belt.

"It was a decision I took months ago but I kept going and said I would give myself another chance. But it came to a head and I couldn't take any more.

"I wanted to go back to my club, I wanted to go and fight to establish myself there and I'll do that."

He added: "I'm not going to get into a war of words with anybody.

"I said what I felt like saying at the time and so has George.

"For me, the best thing is just to get my head down, work hard and get myself in the Rangers team regularly and I can go forward from there.

"When I spoke to SFA, I said I would be available for selection if the next manager, whoever that may be, wants to pick me.

"That's all I can say on the matter. If he picks me, he picks me. If he doesn't, he doesn't."

Rangers team-mate Lee McCulloch retired from international football for family reasons last month but Kirk Broadfoot has refuted suggestions of an Ibrox plot against Burley.

"I think it's rubbish to say the Rangers players have a problem with the Scotland manager," said Broadfoot, who won his second cap against Norway.

"Lee McCulloch quit for family reasons and Barry Ferguson is bursting to get back involved.

"David Weir is still there, Allan McGregor is still there and so am I. I hope more Rangers players will be involved in the next squad too."

I wonder how long this will drag on for?

I cant make up my mind as to if a player is right to walk away from his country/manager but can fully understand his decision in doing so. Burley just does not seem to give him a chance and some of his comments about the matter on Monday were rubbish and almost childlike IMO.