Now Walter wields the b-word

See I have a wee problem though.

Internet forums are nothing to do with Rangers. Sure, some distasteful stuff may be found on them - as you will on any internet forum or any walk of life - but it's not the end of the world and I can't see how people can go out of their way to be offended as a result.

I mean who exactly goes looking for forum content to be offended by? And why should Rangers feel the need to apologise for them.

What's next? The pubs on Paisley Road West being asked to close? RSC buses with stewards? Just because a journalist may not agree with some of the comments made within them?

I'm sick to the back teeth of our club bending over and taking it right up the Gary Glitter.

Is that 'bile'?

Easy solution Frankie, if Rangers set up an official forum it'd blow away all other forums. They could admin it till their hearts content and keep subjects related purely to the club.

Will they do this? No, for fear of criticism which would have to be answered.

Exactly mate.

Which is why they should keep their comments about unofficial forums to themselves. Same goes for the newspapers who won't allow (or answer) criticism of their articles within their comments sections.

Football rivalry and tribalism is a complicated thing arising out of social differences. It can't be switched off like a light. It was always be there and while aspects of it will be indecent, it's hardly the end of the world.

Time for the papers and politicians to concentrate on the real problems out there - which to be fair to Walter he did try and state.

I'm indebted to you for a remarkably incisive post that says eveything I wanted to say - but much better.

There is even a case to be made that Walter is actually indulging in precisely the sort of arms length criticism that he now appears to find fault with.

I think you will find that walter has been sent a note from upstairs and prodded with a stick to make a comment. Im actually suprised that he came away with this as his comments in the media are usually quite measured and leave little scope for ridicule. This stinks of Bain and Murray big time.

I think you will find that walter has been sent a note from upstairs and prodded with a stick to make a comment. Im actually suprised that he came away with this as his comments in the media are usually quite measured and leave little scope for ridicule. This stinks of Bain and Murray big time.

I think that's exactly what has happened.

All parties should have known better and been a bit more savvy to current tensions.

There's no doubt at all in my opinion that you're right about the prodding - but that's no excuse for putting his name to that article. If he accepted the prod then he is as bad as the two clowns you mention and is also now completely compromised.

What puzzles me is where these people think they're going with this silly campaign? What gain do they see from it? Do they really think they can eliminate bigotry by attacking those who harbour no bigotted intentions? Do they even have sincere opinions about this subject or is this just more claptrap from people who are really only concerned about their own image?

As for age being some sort of excuse - give me bloody strength!

i think people are laying a little too much into walter as a person - he should know better, but we all do stuuf we dont want to at the prompting of our boss.

that doesn't mean we should stand for it. the only way we can redress this though is to build up some steam - we know the papers court controversy, and we know they read all the stuff online. anyone fancy writing a "Fuck off Walter, we're not bigots" response for the main site?

In a bit of a different slant......

Maybe this has been mentioned, and maybe this is a bit petty, but do you think it could be possible that SDM and Smith are having a bit of a backlash against the fans due to events at the start of the season, they wernt the most favourite of people on forums at that time?

Whatever way you look at it, they are both pretty well uninformed imo