Sitting in the "wrong" end

I have been in the Celtic end at Ibrox when we were playing Celtic. We won 3-0 so i nearly bit my tongue off trying to keep quiet. It was great hearing the groans of pain from close up though.

Done it at Pittodrie loads of times and done it at Tannadice aswell. Also done it a few times down south when going to West Ham games.

Pittodrie has been scary on a few occasions outside the ground...when i was about 15 I used not even bother trying to get a Rangers end ticket. There was always a good number of Bears who sat in the Main stand - section F - which is in the far corner flag. We'd even go in wearing Gers colours.

Being 15 you dont give a flying duck and the Gers scored quite a few and me and my mate used to go wild and give the sheep horrendous abuse. Luckily it was only the main stand and the worse we encountered was being spat on and tried to get tripped up inside the ground.

Not too sure if id do it nowadays in the Richard Donald or South Stand, there are too many sheep who know me and know im a bear.

Only done it a couple of times.

Once at Tannadice in 1991/92 season when Bomber Brown scored the winner at the away end, I was right behind the goals great view. Miko scored our first and we won 2-1. Loads of Gers fans got thrown out after celebrating but me and my mates kept our cool and the utd fans next to us were decent enough not to grass us up......:cool:

The other was at Tynecastle 1997/98 season when we won 3-0. I hadn't even sat down to watch the game when 2 jambo's I knew made sure everyone round about knew I was a bluenose!! It was good banter until they were getting stuffed and I was glad to get out.....Gattuso scored twice and Albertz got the other :rfc:

Fir Park many years ago. Sat in the East Stand (cow shed) and a few of myu Motherwell supporting school mates ended up sitting behind me and shouting "Gav, are you not a Rangers fan? SHould you not be sitting in the away end?"

We ended up winning 2-1!

I have been in the Celtic end at Ibrox when we were playing Celtic. We won 3-0 so i nearly bit my tongue off trying to keep quiet. It was great hearing the groans of pain from close up though.

That would make kinda sense, its not going to be the Celtic end when we play Hibs :fish:

Anyway....how did you manage to end up in there Pete?

Have any bears ever been in the other end at a OF game.I have it was a few years back at Perkyheid Laudrup et al.A celtic supporting friend was "unwell" on the morning of a new years game,unable to take up his seat I went instead.

During a Rangers attack Laudrup made an arse of it,I went tut f*ck sake.The guy on my right turned and looked at me,I looked at him.Not a word was said.He knew,and I knew,and we both knew we knew,I got talking to the guy on my left he was from Yorkshire and this was his first OF experience,he was impressed.I was very tempted to tell him I belonged over there.I left the game unscathed.beat 2-1 collins free kick,i have to confess that in order to maintain my anonimity i Stood And gave a slight clap,no cheering but,when the free kick went in.To help justify taking part in the celebrations it was a good free kick from Collins.

Anyone else been there or vice versa.

Carldvelle

From over there the Bears look brilliant,It helped me through.

Edited by carldvelle
ADD ON