By Andrew Dickson

MO EDU says he is ready to make his mark at Rangers after taking time to adapt to the Scottish game.

The American midfielder is in line to play against Hamilton in the League Cup tomorrow night and could replace Kevin Thomson as he is struggling with an ankle knock.

More than two months have passed since Edu signed for the club on the five-year deal from MLS outfit Toronto FC.

So far he has made just one 65-minute appearance against Kilmarnock and he has been a more regular feature of Tommy Wilson's reserve team.

But having finally got to grips with the game in this country, the 22-year-old feels capable of stepping back into the first XI again and making a positive impact.

Edu said: "I hope I can play against Hamilton. Every week I prepare myself for the event that my name is called and it has been no different this week.

"I'm just working hard in training. Every footballer wants to play but I knew I was joining a winning team when I came here.

"There's a lot of talent in there already and with the summer signings that were made, that has increased further.

"I knew it would be difficult to get on the field so I have been training hard and I've stayed patient.

"The SPL is definitely a step up from the MLS and it's a hard, physical game. I've done well as I've adjusted so far and I'm more comfortable than I was when I got here at first.

"I knew it would take time to adapt. Any time you increase the standard, there's a little period where you try to change and settle in.

"I think I've had a chance to be here for a while now, train with the guys, see a few games and play in one and I've been getting positive feedback from the staff.

"I feel a part of things now and as time goes on, I'll hopefully get some more matches under my belt and I'll continue to develop."

Rangers will come up against Hamilton for the second time in four days in the quarter-finals of the Co-operative Insurance Cup following their SPL meeting on Saturday.

Walter Smith's men won that one 3-1 but Edu knows that means nothing ahead of their re-match at Ibrox.

He added: "I think it'll be difficult and playing any team twice within the space of a few days is hard.

"After playing them at their place, they'll have a bit of a chip on their shoulder when they come to play at our home.

"Any team that comes here wants to do well because it's a great club to play at and it's a huge event for them.

"Hamilton will come here really motivated and it's difficult to beat the same team twice in a row so we'll have our work cut out."

Edu, rrrrrrrready?

Rangers, rrrrrrrrready?

People have been saying he look a very good prospect. Will he be another one who'll slip through the net at Rangers? Call me cynical but he's young and everyone knows our policy or more importantly Smiths policy on young players.

I think getting him into the centre midfield could freshing things up and he could have a bit of bite we need. Im still curious to what kind of player he is but if he is fast and physical then that helps the likes of Mendes going forward.

Id play Edu and Davis in the centre against Hamilton and put Novo and Aaron out wide with Lafferty and Miller upfront. Id rest Mendes.

No Boyd upfront, theres a suprise........

There is no need to even ask Jon...he will never be first pick for me...although i would consider him in this type of game if he wasnt getting so much games in the SPL just now...but tonight is a chance to try a different partnership out...we should have enough for Hamilton at home. Saturday's first half was shocking but i expect tonight to be different.

Id also give Ferguson the last half hour.

I wouldn't play Boyd either for tonights game. I think WS now sees him as a 1st team player so I'd give the fringe players some action ie Aaron, Lafferty, maybe even wee Fleck.

Fleck is out injured for 6 weeks with strained mediate ligaments.

Whilst the CIS isn't as important as the SC and league I think that the players will want to retain it so I can see a strong team being put out - it isn't as if Hamilton are a walkover.

That said I would give Lafferty a run up front alongside either Miller or Boyd.

Edu and Davis should work too but we also need to keep some of the experienced players who could turn a game on the bench - wouldn't mind seeing Bazza and Mendes on the bench.