Boyd impressed again tonight

Jon will be pleased to hear that Boyd played well again tonight.

Scored the obligatory goal of course. But as I was sat in the Copland got a great view of his link play in the second half tonight.

Dropped deep at times to look for the ball, took passes in from team mates and then found one with the pass. A few cracking passes in behind the full backs to wide players or a fellow striker. Always looking for team mates in and around the box if the shot wasn't on for hi.

2 games, 2 good all round performances where he also scored.

One of the players challenging for motm tonight, although Davis was probably just about the correct choice.

Another great game from Boyd though and must start again v ICT.

Edited by Super_Ally

I agree, the signs were there earlier.

However the link play and holding up of the ball i've seen in the last two games has been very good.

I'm not saying he didn't have the odd slack pass or mis-control. All you want is for him to retain possession more often than not.

I'm sure we'll get the "it was only a diddy team" or "needs to do it more often" responses, however I prefer instead to be positive and say i'm pleased to see signs of massive improvement and hope it continues.

His goalscoring ability is such that he doesn't need to have the best hold up play or link play in the world to justify his selection. But certainly, if he improves (or atm maintains) this aspect of his game, it's a no-brainer that he starts.

Of course he is going to get snipes....2 good games against the bottom side of the SPL doesnt make him a world beater or convince me he has improved. Its always been said he is better against this type of team as its his level.

However it is good to hear and il eat humble pie if he continues it and plays like this all season against the better teams.

:)

Its encouraging and I've been surprised by how many people on other forums have given him credit for his last two performances. Could the comments from Burley have something to do with our supporters getting behind him a bit more? Without going over old ground again, there were times last season where he was obviously trying harder on his overall game but many supporters were loathe to give him any credit at all.

Good to see he's knuckling down and putting in a harder shift and still scoring the goals.

He was always likely to play better after the Scotland issue so I'm not overly convinced yet. Two good games over the next week will help - not to mention more goals. ;)

As for last night, he did play well. Showed excellent commitment and sharpness at the goal and generally played pretty good overall. Could still work a bit harder at times but he wasn't the only one to take it a bit easier as the game dies a death after the second goal.

It's good to hear that his overall game is finally improving. Not so long ago his link up play, 1st touch and general workrate were terrible. Fingers crossed he's getting the finger out and beginning to play like he wants to retain his place in the 1st team.

Great to hear SA, i still think he's been showing that for for a while and still getting slagged all the same....

and.....

Good stuff SA, you can still bet he will still get the normal snipes about this and that from some on here!

You're waving a big carrot in front of the folk who slag him by coming away with these two sentences mate so of course people will rise to it.

Fair point Gav, but even if I hadn't made those statements, as I have been doing for a while now, the snipes would have come anyway I think. It is nice to hear that some people are giving him a chance and some credit for the efrfort he is clearly putting in.

I've always rated him, but I'm also pleased to read the views of others that maybe haven't as much, that he is working hard and looking better.

Hope that makes sense....