Boyd impressed again tonight

Boyd played well in patches last night in a game that must rank as one of the worst I have witnessed - maybe it was teh freezing weather tho rather than the fare severed up on the pitch!

However, what about the attempted goal line clearance at Boyds goal? The defender dived face first along the line - comical - but you really had to see it to appreciate the funnyness of the situation :sleep:

Cammy F

that must rank as one of the worst I have witnessed

Really?

I've unfortunately had to give up my season ticket this season, but as it was free for season ticket holders, and was still in touch with the folk i sat next to... made a "donation" which was better than paying �£18 and meant I actually got to follow the game! :D

Anyways, I ended up in my old seat, so was fantastic being back, didnt realise how much i missed it!!

wasn't the greatest game, but there were some really nice moves and was alot more entertaining than some of the stuff i'd sat through the previous 6 years!

Maybe you have to go without for a while before you appreciate it! :P

I can't believe Jon and Johnny claiming a victory here. Were they not the ones that were willing to accept his lazy mediocrity as long as he scored.

It is a bit like me saying to the wife i think i will paint the room and her saying it is fine the way it is. After it is painted she then says i told you it was needing done up.

Boyd is now getting plaudits because he has upped his game to the level his critics have been wanting. His critics are the ones that should be feeling good about Boyds improvement not the ones that were willing to accept his lazy mediocrity.

I for one hope he can keep up this form and add that bit extra to his game because it will make him a class act. We all knew he can score goals, that was never under question.

Yeah the proof will be in the pudding when he plays against tougher opposition at home but more so away from Ibrox.

I expect him to play again this weekend and wouldnt be surprised to see him score against Inverness who are one of the poorer sides again.

I can't believe Jon and Johnny claiming a victory here. Were they not the ones that were willing to accept his lazy mediocrity as long as he scored.

It is a bit like me saying to the wife i think i will paint the room and her saying it is fine the way it is. After it is painted she then says i told you it was needing done up.

Boyd is now getting plaudits because he has upped his game to the level his critics have been wanting. His critics are the ones that should be feeling good about Boyds improvement not the ones that were willing to accept his lazy mediocrity.

I for one hope he can keep up this form and add that bit extra to his game because it will make him a class act. We all knew he can score goals, that was never under question.

I don't think we're claiming any victory in saying what we have :confused:.

If you look back at most of our posts we've always said he needed to work on other aspects of his game if he was to be 'accepted' by more supporters and of course improve as a player. Every player can improve no matter how good you are already IMO. But I don't see what is wrong in accepting a player who has been our top scorer since he's came here even though he has not played in every game or against the 'bigger' teams just because he does not have the work rate as some do. Do these players who have a higher workrate get more goals the stats say no.

Good on Boyd for working on his game but just say it starts to have an effect on his scoring rate will he then get slagged for not scoring as many goals as he should or has done in the past?

It's a team game and Boyd is a natural and our best goalscorer and I would be happy for him to be 'lazy' as you call it and score a barrowload of goals and for someone else to do the dirty work for him, is that not how teams work?

Yeah the proof will be in the pudding when he plays against tougher opposition at home but more so away from Ibrox.

I expect him to play again this weekend and wouldnt be surprised to see him score against Inverness who are one of the poorer sides again.

How many good teams is there actually in the league in your opinion?

He can only score against whoever his opponents are no matter how good or bad they are. Would you accept him scoring against Celtic every game and not against the other teams? We don't just win the league playing them every year!

I don't think we're claiming any victory in saying what we have :confused:.

If you look back at most of our posts we've always said he needed to work on other aspects of his game if he was to be 'accepted' by more supporters and of course improve as a player. Every player can improve no matter how good you are already IMO. But I don't see what is wrong in accepting a player who has been our top scorer since he's came here even though he has not played in every game or against the 'bigger' teams just because he does not have the work rate as some do. Do these players who have a higher workrate get more goals the stats say no.

Good on Boyd for working on his game but just say it starts to have an effect on his scoring rate will he then get slagged for not scoring as many goals as he should or has done in the past?

It's a team game and Boyd is a natural and our best goalscorer and I would be happy for him to be 'lazy' as you call it and score a barrowload of goals and for someone else to do the dirty work for him, is that not how teams work?

If you look back at most of our posts we've always said he needed to work on other aspects of his game if he was to be 'accepted' by more supporters and of course improve as a player.

Possibly but you were putting the blame on the people criticising him and not on Chris Boyd and i seem to remember about 40.000 posts with it is goals that count in it.

Would he have tried to up his game if he did not get the criticism he has now received. If improving his out the box play does result in less goals for him but better link-up play that brings other players in better positions then that will be accepted but if he gets caught in no-man's land and does none well, he will get criticised. I for one don't want a lazy poacher who does nothing else for the team than score a lot of penalties and some good goals in my team, but the CB of the last 2 games would be a first pick.

20 years ago it would be okay but in this modern athletic age it is not acceptable. The ball moves so fast now from front to back that you really need someone who can control and hold a ball up in the forward area. A striker losing the ball is a danger for the defence.

Team game! That is the point we criticise Boyd for he is not a team player.

Sorry off to work can't reply again until tonight.

20 years ago it would be okay but in this modern athletic age it is not acceptable. The ball moves so fast now from front to back that you really need someone who can control and hold a ball up in the forward area. A striker losing the ball is a danger for the defence.

Team game! That is the point we criticise Boyd for he is not a team player.

Good point...and il add that in the modern day players have state of the art facilities to get them and remain in great physic...not to mention the vast amounts of money. Yet Boyd has been overweight and slow for 95% of his rangers career.

I remember reading a quote from John Greig RE Davie Cooper. Cooper had just came back from injury and was a bit over weight. Greig told him he had 2 weeks to drop half a stone. Cooper came back to training 4 days later and was down the suggested weight.

Yet Boyd seems to be on the kebabs far too much. Id never grudge a player a night out, or a good fry up/junk food once in a while - they are human after all, but keep it to once in a while to maintain there body condition.

Johnnyk wrote: How many good teams is there actually in the league in your opinion?

Id say the league could be split into 3 or 4 levels. But its also tricky to say as home and away games are almost a different kettle of fish altogether.

But going to Tannadice, Tynecastle, Easter Road, Fir Park and Pittodrie are certainly a lot trickier than going to Hamilton or having Inverness at home. If Boyd starts banging in goals consistantly at all these grounds aswell as playing a better all round game then I'll be on the same fanclub / mailing list as Jon and Johnny. :thup:

FFS. Does anyone have proof that Boyd is on the kebabs? Any proof that he doesn't work in training? Any proof he isn't fit?

I'll tell you the only proof I know.....He will and has scored goals and will always be our top scorer!

Your also wrong Pete because I said Boyd's game and workrate was improving long before the last few games. Each to their own opinion but sometimes maybe we should all take the blinkers off (me exclude ;) )