Should McGregor be Dropped?

Would you drop Allan McGregor  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you drop Allan McGregor

• Yes
    • No
    • I am a lady going about my ladylike business so I'd like him to pump me

As an ex-goalie I'd formally I would buy into the fact that sometimes a keeper should be exempt from one (or two) mistakes causing him to be dropped.

Problem is McGregor hasn't helped himself by constantly being in the papers, allegedly being on the bevvy too often and generally he just doesn't look confident enough to be playing.

It's the lack of confidence that worries me most.

I still think McGregor is the better keeper. We're lucky to have as good a back-up keeper as Alexander, but imo McGregor should be given a fair chance to redeem himself.

Our defence has picked itself so far this season and yet they've all had their share of mistakes leading to goals. I don't hear fans calling for changes on that front, so why the keeper? If you ask me, it seems like McGregors off-the-field exploits have damaged his relationship with the support more than his form.

But just how long do we keep the faith UCF ? Until he has cost us another 10 points and effectively cost us the league ?

We have only lost 10 goals in the league this year (9 of which were put past McGregor)and when I look at our results I have to say that I think McGregor could be blamed for (Aberdeen away, Killie at home partially to blame, Nakamura's goal at Parkhead (he moved across the wall before he should have), St Mirren (poor positioning), Hamilton away, and at least one last night).

So from 9 goals put past him he has at least partial blame for at least 6 if not 7 of those goals.

The only ones he escapes blame from (in my opinion of course) is the 1st Celtic goal which was poor defending (by a few players - Weir, Papac, Thomson for giving the ball away) and one last night.

Now, I am not for one second saying Alexander wouldnt have lost some of those goals too but when I look at our results in the league this season I struggle to agree that "the defence have had its fair share of mistakes leading to goals".

When you lose 9 goals in the league and your keeper can be at least partially blamed for 7 of them then, in my opinion, change is warranted.

Of those goals where I personally lay partial blame on him it has cost us 5 points thus far. On the flip side of that he did save us 2 points with his penalty save at Falkirk.

But if he remains between the sticks he should NOT have any leeway for mistakes because he is contributing to us losing points.