Should McGregor be Dropped?

Would you drop Allan McGregor  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you drop Allan McGregor

• Yes
    • No
    • I am a lady going about my ladylike business so I'd like him to pump me

Yes. I think WS was right to drop him after the start he had when it looked like he'd a real confidence problem. He gave him a run in the team but it really didn't seem to help him. Alexander came in and did very well but was then, imo, surprisingly dropped for AM who has come back and not looked any better. He's cost us points since he came back through basic errors and our defence is looking much nervier with him behind it, even if you discount his individual errors.

Surely Alexander deserves to come back in?

I reckon if we drop him again his confidence will hit rock bottom and his season will suffer and our results.

I agree his peformances have been shaky of late but i think he needs one great performance to get him back on track as on his day he is a top drawer

goalie.

But if Smith does decide to drop him then i will go along with that as i rate Alexander as well and reckon he will do a good job if needed.

I voted no, but I would possibly drop him the next time he lets in more than 2 against an SPL side. Some blame definitely does have to go on the defense as well though. Sasa & Kirkaldhinio seem to get caught out of position way to often imo. They all make mistakes tho.

For me its a no brainer - Yes

He seems like he has a few problems off the park he needs to sort first. As been said its been quite a number of errors recently and all this after getting a great new deal in the summer.

Alexander to play this weekend for me until McGregor sorts himself out. Its a shame as he was shading Gordon for Scotlands No.1 shirt not too long ago and he had seemed to win over many a Gers fan (myself and Cammy IIRC) who thought he was just an average run of the mill keeper

For me its a no brainer - YesHe seems like he has a few problems off the park he needs to sort first.

He dives to the left,

he dives to the right,

Alan McGregor, shags 10 burds a night!

Every keeper makes mistakes but he's fucked up a few times already this season.

Why should it be a confidence problem? Last season he just didn't seem able to make a mistake. It seems that the injury he sustained must have taken something out of him. I wonder if he has properly recovered from that. Only other explanation is his off-field activities, but then again he was much more the focus of the media when he was playing well last season.

Why drop a player who will now be highly motivated to play out of his skin for the next couple of games?

If he has another nightmare then drop him but for one performance, I think it's a yellow card.

Should we drop Bougherra for one bad game? I don't think so.

Why drop a player who will now be highly motivated to play out of his skin for the next couple of games?

If he has another nightmare then drop him but for one performance, I think it's a yellow card.

Should we drop Bougherra for one bad game? I don't think so.

It's not one bad game mate. He's now been guilty of a few mistakes and his confidence levels generally look very low.

Obviously dropping him may not help but we have to ensure all players are at the top of their form. McGregor isn't.