Gordon pulled out injured Craig.

I nearly put Commons in my team, but changed it to include Robson as Burley has a penchant for fielding most the Celtic squad and Robson might be a more solid midifeld player than Commons. SO not a huge suprise for me on that one.

Wait and see if this guy has it right again.

I don't see the big deal with Maradona coming to Scotland. The media have exagerated it no end. He was a top class footballer, the best in the world maybe but the amount of column inches given up to this guy is a joke. Isn't there more important stuff to mention in the world before Maradona?

A poster on FF who was supposedly spot on with the team for the Norway game states this will be the team for Argentina:

No source named but most seem to believe him based on his previous.

From what I've heard thats right bar Maloney in for Commons and Robson in for Hartley

Wheres the best place to park when going to Hampden? I was thinking just off pollockshaws road then walk from there?

I usually arrive from the East so park anywhere from Rutherglen in...

Struggled for first ten minutes but we worked our way into the game quite well after that...

Delighted to see Ferguson playing well and have been quite impressed with Commons. Need to try and get Hutton and Brown into the game a bit more on the right hand side. Hutton looks sharp but Brown is being very tightly marked. McFadden or the big fella need to try and help him out a bit more.

Brown was pretty poor imo. If he was able to hack & actually get away with it like Tevez the Scotland team would be better off. Didn't really think Ferguson was that great tbh, but when he's got the likes of Brown & Hartley to work with maybe it's understandable. As for Maloney... WTF? He had a terrible game... Poor awareness & positioning, poor touch & passing...

Don't even want to talk about Burley & Butchers' substitutions. Ok, it was only a friendly, but what a shambles!! Burley & Butcher can GTF ... and the sooner the better.

Apart from 20 minutes or so before half time, it was a really poor performance. The only positive you could take from the game was that we managed to limit Argentina to a few scoring opportunities, but even then if it was a competitive game we'd no doubt have been hammered.

Could have done without as many substitutions ...Apart from Iwelumo. When you look at the team we finished the game with you realize just how much we were scraping the bottom of the barrel. Most of those guys, you'd be embarrassed to have in your reserve squad. Maloney was probably the best player we brought on and even he was shit.

McGregor - Would be dissapointed to lose a goal so early. Made one good save. Didn't have much else to do.

Hutton - Looked lively in the first half. Faded in the second.

Caldwell - Shouldn't be getting a game.

McManus - Not much better than Caldwell

Broadfoot - Did well in the first half. Missed one of our better chances.

Brown - Posted missing for the majority of the game.

Hartley - Gave the ball away ...a lot.

Ferguson - Had a good spell in the first half. Took a couple of knocks though which isn't the best for a friendly - even if it is Argentina.

Commons - Had a decent game. One of our better players going forward.

Iwelumo - Who?

McFadden - Not one of his better games. Had one good effort, but straight at the keeper.

Miller - Came on for Iwelumo in the 2nd half.

Clarkson - Didn't get much service.

Robertson - Why?

Maloney - Played far too deep. Did nothing worthwhile.

Berra - Came on for McManus. Should've been Caldwell.

Alexander - Given ten minutes. Made one good run up the wing. So I guess he at least managed to do more than Brown.

Them - Diving Bassas. Stopped playing after they scored.

The Ref - Dreadful.

Burley - GTF

Boring, boring Scotland!

39% possession, 1 shot on target and 2 off. A whole 3 shots on goal, the excitement!

Not many got pass marks last night. Hutton for not holding back in tackles, Caldwell for a couple of last ditch tackles and Commons for showing a wee bit of creativity and he flung a good few balls into the box.

That said, the match wasn't important. The whole Maradona thing took over and it turned the game into a circus.

Edited by Gazza_8

The Butcher v Maradona thing took over a bit before the game. TBH i dont give a monkeys what Butcher had to say and id rather side with Maradona than him.

Im disliking the Burley era more and more but having Butcher on board who is an ultra failure at any team he coached (despite being a tremendous defender) isnt helping Burley at all.