Miller doubtful for Dons game

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottishpremier/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/11/17/SOCCER_Rangers.html&TEAMHD=scotspremiership

Rangers striker Kenny Miller is doubtful for the visit of Aberdeen on Saturday after pulling out of the Scotland squad with a calf injury.

Miller took a kick during Saturday's 2-1 win over St Mirren and the swelling on Sunday night forced him to withdraw from Wednesday's friendly against Argentina.

The 28-year-old has been undergoing treatment at Murray Park this morning as the Rangers medical team bid to get him fit for the Clydesdale Bank Premier League clash.

Rangers manager Walter Smith is hopeful of having Madjid Bougherra back for the Dons game after he missed the St Mirren victory with a calf injury.

The Algeria defender has joined up with his international team-mates for their African Nations Cup qualifier against Mali but Rangers do not expect him to play.

I know some dont like the lad but I actually think he will be a loss - he has done a lot of good work for us this season.

Had formed a good partnership with Boyd. All that was missing from his game at the weekend was goals, but then we knew that didn't we? :dveil:

A chance to try Lafferty in his correct position? Will he be the willing runner for Boyd and his knock ons though?

I can't believe I am now saying this a mere six months after all the talk about him comuing back and his return, but I think he would be a big miss. Boydy and Miller have struck a decent partnership up and they are both scoring their fair share of goals - most of them from Boydy but Miller has been instrumental in a number of Boyd's too.

If Miller doesn't make it, I would go with Novo. After all is that not his preferred position. Oh wait it's Uncle Walter picking the team...........:fish:

I hope miller makes it, he and boyd have the making of a great striking partnership! you just have to look at the opening goal against st mirren...now thats clinical finishing and putting novo in there would'nt be a bad thing either. :rfc:

Have to say I was one who welcomed Miller back and he has been doing a fine job for us - could score 1 or 2 more though.

He will be a miss for us simply as him and Boyd are forming something at the moment.

I agree with WTD - id play Novo upfront with Boyd. I still havent seen enough of Lafferty to decide and Darchville has been terrible this season.

Whats the status with Velicka btw? So promising in pre season but now he has disappeared.