If it were to be reinvested directly into the squad, then theoretically you could get a better player for �£5m. But....

1. We all know 100% of it wouldn't be reinvested and

2. If Redknapp is gonna spend �£5m on a player then he is doubtless aware he could get a better, younger player.

The only worrying thing is Redknapp's outspoken admiration for the guy and the fact he may feel a skilful, determined and experinced premiership player is just what he needs to augment his talented but youthful side.

Fingers crossed it's a bullshit story. If it isn't, then I ask again as I did in the "Will Magic do a Boumsong" thread, why does this sort of thing never happen to the bheggars?????

Really cant see this. If Harry comes in for anyone then I can only see it being McGregor.

Well if he does then we should go for a swap deal with Gomez. Getting one of the best keepers in the world for McGregor would be deal of the century.

Gomes has been a flapper all season for Spurs. :confused:

I saw him 3 seasons long for PSV and the guy is superb. Worth at least 15 points a season. i will agree though that England is a different kettle of Fish with the high ball culture but Gorum and Klos were not very good with high balls either. If he hits his PSV form he is one of the best in the world, believe me.

Well if he does then we should go for a swap deal with Gomez. Getting one of the best keepers in the world for McGregor would be deal of the century.

:eek:

I thought you were fishing until I saw your later comments.

Might look good as a shot stopper in the powderpuff dutch league, would be even more of a joke in Scotland if he struggles with the physicality and high balls of the EPL.

Horses for courses, lets not make some PLG-esque signings.

I am struggling to imagine him being good when at PSV. I watched him again last night for Spurs and he had 2 clangers in the first 20 mins which Woodgate luckily cleared up for him. He has had 9 absolute fluffs which has resulted in 5 goals this season.

Give Gomez time and he will prove himself. He is only 10+- games in and obviously having a confidence\fitting in problem. He is so big that high balls should be easy for him. With good coaching he will find his form again. That brings me to one problem i have with him. At PSV the keepers coach was sacked and Gomez brought in his own coach. Now the Spurs keepers trainer

has been sacked. I wonder who will come in?