The away leg, Lovenkrands missed a good chance, as did Flo, then RDB missed a penalty as well - did our best to throw away the game!

IIRC, Arteta scored his penalty and Ronaldinho missed his! I'm sure that Anelka was brought on late in the game but claimed he was injured and didn't take a penalty.

Cammy F

I remember RDB missing that pen right enough. Caniggia and Konterman both hit the bar with there ones in the shootout and Pochettino missed the vital one to send us through:rfc:

Didnt remember Arteta playing for them!

The memory i have of that game is Advocaat jumping into the players doing a huddle after the shoot out.

Look at some of the quality players we had then!!

Didnt remember Arteta playing for them!

The memory i have of that game is Advocaat jumping into the players doing a huddle after the shoot out.

Look at some of the quality players we had then!!

Arteta was the outstanding player in the first leg at Ibrox (even outshone the then promising youngster Ronaldinho), which in truth was a stalemate type of game. IIRC Ricksen was red carded near the end of the 1rst leg - even outshone the then promising youngster Ronaldinho.

Cammy F

Arteta was the outstanding player in the first leg at Ibrox (even outshone the then promising youngster Ronaldinho), which in truth was a stalemate type of game. IIRC Ricksen was red carded near the end of the 1rst leg - even outshone the then promising youngster Ronaldinho.

Cammy F

And this was before he signed from us, but we bought him from Barca did we not? Was he on loan at PSG or did Barca buy him from PSG?

And this was before he signed from us, but we bought him from Barca did we not? Was he on loan at PSG or did Barca buy him from PSG?

Yeah, he was on loan at PSG - the reason we signed him was because he played so well against us, ala Cuellar.

Arteta was outstanding both legs. I remember Archie drooling over him in the commentary. I was Overjoyed when we signed him. Also recall Arsene Wenger calling Ronaldinho a "saloon bar player" prior to the game!

The players jumping on Advocaat at the end opened a lot of people's eye's to the bond he had with the team as opposed to the media view that he was solely a disciplinarian. Great memories. BTW if that PSG team had stayed together who knows what they could have achieved.

Righ up them nevertheless!!!:rfc: