I cant argue with that, Cammy ... i don't like Wolverhampton town as it just seems quite outdated to me, and isnt really (IMO!) the most inspiring of songs .... but at least it does seem to be a football song

What i object to is the Rule Britannia and GSTQ rubbish, nothing to do with football at all!

I cant argue with that, Cammy ... i don't like Wolverhampton town as it just seems quite outdated to me, and isnt really (IMO!) the most inspiring of songs .... but at least it does seem to be a football song

What i object to is the Rule Britannia and GSTQ rubbish, nothing to do with football at all!

It's to do witht he clubs Heritage , and what we are is a British club.

We have bagpipe music playing too , so it's not Uneven.

how can you not like this song i will be singing my heart out at the games with this song

its just like the blue sea of ibrox

people moaned and first and never sang it apart from the blue order

i personally think the blue sea of ibrox is the 2nd best gers song

Bring your objections and a list of your recommended songs to the attention of Rangers - its the only way you'll get them changed :)

I don't mind the RB and GSTQ tunes (but I can't remember GSTQ being played over the tannoy tho) and it was great to hear the French NA on Saturday.

As I said, this is a bit of a heated topic as you can't please all of the people all of the time - its getting the right mix - if more people lobby the club, maybe we'll get the mix right.

Cammy F

No, we are a football club who play in the Scottish league

I agree with you Jim.

If you should sing about your heritage because you're a British team then every team in Britain should sing these songs, it would make all the teams sound the same. Why labour the point that we're British when it's straight from the ministry of the bleedin' obvious and there's the fact that we're only one British team out of 134?

Every Scottish team we play is also British so what's the point?

For the same reason I wouldn't really want us to sing Flower of Scotland or suchlike against other Scottish teams.

I would prefer us to be more oriented towards our club like most fans of other clubs.

In fact I only think we do it because Celtic go on about being Irish. But to actually define ourselves by what Celtic do is pretty poor in my opinion. And it just doesn't make sense against other British teams.

Maybe that's the sad part, many of our fans are more defined by Celtic than by Rangers.:sigh:

I like every other Saturday - I always found that it improved the atmosphere.

Am not saying its a bad song at all, i love it! But the version played at Ibrox is cringe worthy. That along with most of the songs are. The versions i have (and probably most bears) get the hairs on the back of the neck standing especially the blue sea of ibrox

Am not saying its a bad song at all, i love it! But the version played at Ibrox is cringe worthy. That along with most of the songs are. The versions i have (and probably most bears) get the hairs on the back of the neck standing especially the blue sea of ibrox

Agreed, if Rangers are going to play these fantastic Rangers songs, they need to play the original versions and not these raved versions.

Cammy F