Prso Fears its his last season

Prso fears he is in final season

Dado Prso is in the final year of his Rangers contract

Rangers striker Dado Prso could be forced to retire through injury at the end of the forthcoming season.

Prso has confirmed that persistent knee problems have forced his retiral from international football after representing Croatia at the World Cup.

And he told the Sportske Novosti daily: "I'm 32, my knee is in bad shape and the end of my soccer career is near."

He has a year left of his contract and added: "I'll sit down then with my family and see what is best for me."

Croatia were knocked out in the group stages in Germany.

And Prso, who scored nine goals in 29 international appearances, said it "was the biggest disappointment in my life". I had to retire some time and I have decided that that moment has come

Dado Prso

"I wanted to say goodbye to the team with style, not that way," he said.

Croatia national federation head Vlatko Markovic had travelled to Glasgow in an attempt to persuade Prso to continue his international career.

"I had to retire some time and I have decided that that moment has come," he added.

Prso made his debut in the national squad in a March 2003 European Championship qualifier against Belgium.

Croatia won 4-0, with Prso scoring two of the goals to confirm that he was the natural successor to the retired Davor Suker.

He had left Croatia in 1994, during the 1991-95 Serbo-Croatian war, for France and has since played for Rouen, St Raphael, Ajaccio, Monaco and Rangers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this is a injury free season for him

oh nooooooooooooooooooo:mad:

this is the news i was dreading!:ffs:

Will be a shame to see the big guy go Colshy but I am sure that PLG would have been half-expecting it.

Also, he still has this season which also gives PLG advance notice that it MIGHT be his last season.

MIGHT - note Dado said that at the season's end he will talk to his family - he might go on for one more season, you never know

Croatia striker Dado Prso insists reports of his international retirement are premature.

The Rangers forward had looked set to quit playing for his country after the World Cup this summer, with Croatian Football Association president Vlatko Markovic claiming the 31-year-old had decided to focus on his Ibrox career.

But now the Ibrox player insists he has still to make a decision on his future with Croatia, where ex-Everton and West Ham defender Slaven Bilic has taken charge of the national team.

Prso told Rangers News: "I haven't actually decided anything yet, no announcement about my retirement should have been made.

"I am going to talk to things over with my family and then speak to the president of the Football Association, who is coming to Glasgow soon, before making a choice.

"I don't like it when people speak on my behalf so, when I have something to say, I will do so.

"At the moment, I haven't stopped playing for Croatia, but I am thinking about my future."

Seems strange. Every report over the last few days implied he had given that interview or comments.