Shocking Rumours

Surely playing our current staff - Hemdani - would be a better option than Wilkie?? Hemdani is being paid so why not try him there. If he gets a game then at least he is in the shop window.

I still think Hemdani could be ok at CH, he can read the game superbly. Id just be a bit worried if he was next to Weir with both not being the quickest turtles in the park!

Id also rather move to a 3-5-2 than buy Wilkie. We normally play 4 centre halfs at the back anyway - Broadfoot, Bougherra, Weir, Papac - surely moving 1 of them in is a better option again!

Just realised that maybe you think I'm all for the signing of Wilkie - let me assure you nothing could be further from the truth. I would take his signing simply as a clear signal that the end of the road to nowhere is now in sight.

I guess I was just stating the obvious that donkeys like Wilkie are where you end up if you squander what little money you have and spend the post-match interview telling everyone how you "could see the Kaunas result coming" but chose not to do anything about it.

If they continually manage the club like shit, eventually the club will look like shit. QED.

we need some sort of some balance, surely. walter smith gave us the biggest european adventure in recent times before our biggest failure in recent times. how this season pans out'll help us decide which was the fluke - i think he's deserving of our trust till then.

we need some sort of some balance, surely. walter smith gave us the biggest european adventure in recent times before our biggest failure in recent times. how this season pans out'll help us decide which was the fluke - i think he's deserving of our trust till then.

Surely it's not a matter of simple trust. We need to be bringing through our own young talent and we need a world class scouting organisation. We need to buy players who all make an impact like Cuellar and Bougherra - not like Beasley or McCulloch or Lafferty or Gow. When we can see these things with our own eyes, we will have a basis for hope. Waiting for outcomes isn't necessary when you can see the reasons for our problems laid bare.

I believe bringing through our own young talent is the way to go,however you need to have a world wide scouting system to do that and we don't, why waste good money on POTENTIAL which is a gamble ?, we need to get a proper scouting system in place

Just realised that maybe you think I'm all for the signing of Wilkie - let me assure you nothing could be further from the truth. I would take his signing simply as a clear signal that the end of the road to nowhere is now in sight.

I guess I was just stating the obvious that donkeys like Wilkie are where you end up if you squander what little money you have and spend the post-match interview telling everyone how you "could see the Kaunas result coming" but chose not to do anything about it.

If they continually manage the club like shit, eventually the club will look like shit. QED.

No i didnt think you were all for the signing of wilkie, i was just suggesting why WS couldnt think about moving an experienced former Marseille captain (who IS still being paid) to that position ahead of signing a donkey.

Maybe you should wait till it actually happens - it's silly season, so I'll be very surprised if it does.

I may be wrong but it sounds like rubbish to me. Perhaps the press are feeling the heat from Rangers fans and are now winding us up.

I'm presuming we are getting rid of Graeme Smith as we have two good goalies and a not so young back up - and we need to bring the wage bill down.

Why on earth would be buy or hire another keeper? Doesn't make the slightest sense to me.

As for the midfield we still have not seen our 2M signing more than a couple of times and are shoe-horning in a 3.5M signing, at the same time we have a very promising youngster on loan, not to mention some up and coming of our own. When Thomson is fit again we'll also have a selection headache.

Why would we be interested in bringing in someone who is not causing much of a stir around the SPL?

Neither make any sense at all and if it's true then Walter has definitely lost it.

Unless we sell a first team player, the only signings I can see us going for are a couple of defenders - especially a centre back and a left back and possibly a top class left sided midfielder.

There is no point at all bringing in a jouneyman for the latter position when we have Lafferty, Beasley, Thomson, Edu, Aaron, Naismith, Fleck, Adam, Novo, Smith and Whittaker.

None of them are making the place their own yet but surely they are all worth a decent try before bringing in some mediocre player? I can't see how any Inverness player can top that list. No ICT players are making big noises in the league at the moment.