Rangers fans' fury after 'hun' jibe on Rab C Nesbitt comeback show

THE return of Rab C Nesbitt sparked scores of complaints from angry Rangers fans - over the use of the word "hun".

In Tuesday's Christmas special, Rab's pal Jamesie Cotter - played by Tony

Roper - used the word in reference to former Rangers player and celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay.

A show insider revealed "dozens" of complaints were logged from raging viewers who took offence at the term, which is primarily used in Scotland as a derogatory reference to Rangers fans.

Roper is a Celtic fan and wrote and directed the play The Celts in Seville which played to rave reviews at the Pavilion, Glasgow.

The insider added: "There were a lot of complaints made after the show. It seems it has upset some viewers." A BBC Scotland spokesman defended Rab C Nesbitt writer Ian Pattison's use of the word.

He said: "Rab C is a comedy programme. The characters and their tongue in cheek remarks have been well known to fans for years."

The one-off return of the show, pulled in three and a half million viewers nationwide, with almost one million watching in Scotland alone.

Seemingly using the word hun for years makes it acceptable.

Strange now then that the Hokey Cokey is not acceptable.

You really have to laugh at all this bullshit though.

Come on Pete, don't get drawn in to " their " " we are so hurtat this bigotted word " agenda. Sticks and stones etc. etc.

Everyone who follows this nonsense must be so fed up by now. "They" have clowns who probably scour the press and media for similar outrages in order to play the "poor" us card." Otherwise known as the nasty man called us names shite.

Think about it.

On this occasion "Jamesie", the lying,cheating,drunken scumbag must not be a hun, and the only people who use this term are typical celtic fans.

I would think that celtic fans should be more offended at being portrayed in this manner. Don't you agree ?

By the way, I apologise for the multitude of apostrophies.

Come on Pete, don't get drawn in to " their " " we are so hurtat this bigotted word " agenda. Sticks and stones etc. etc.

Everyone who follows this nonsense must be so fed up by now. "They" have clowns who probably scour the press and media for similar outrages in order to play the "poor" us card." Otherwise known as the nasty man called us names shite.

Think about it.

On this occasion "Jamesie", the lying,cheating,drunken scumbag must not be a hun, and the only people who use this term are typical celtic fans.

I would think that celtic fans should be more offended at being portrayed in this manner. Don't you agree ?

By the way, I apologise for the multitude of apostrophies.

I am one of the last who bothers about what people call me. Personally i think as i said above you have to laugh at the bullshit. To most people it is just a bit of funny banter. Are all celtic supporters not drunken scumbags?;)

Personally i think it has become a game of one-upmanship as you say.