Peter Lovenkrands

I'm not a fan of going backwards by bringing back former players and managers. It didn't work with Jock Wallace nor Willie Johnstone and I was against bringing back WS and BF.

However, I warmed to the latter two as they did quite a good job when they first got here but both have waned since and become less of a success.

Kenny Miller is doing ok but his case is a bit different from others and he didn't "come home" to have an easy time of it. Quite the opposite.

Lovenkrands clearly wants to come back for some sort of "security" and so I can't imagine him getting fired up for the team and basically, "moving us forward".

He wants an easy time of it rather than being up for a fight.

Peter Lovenkrands and Albert Streit have been dropped from the senior squad, the club announced on Monday. General manager Andreas M�¼ller and head coach Fred Rutten told the players at lunchtime that they would train with the second team with immediate effect. "This decision has been made solely for footballing reasons. Both players have said in the past that they would like to leave the club.

We still have ambitious goals to achieve in the second half of the season. To do so, we need players who are totally focused on Schalke, extract the maximum from themselves and relish the battle for places rather than wishing they were somewhere else", explained M�¼ller.

Schalke 04 II resume training this Thursday. Carlos Grossm�¼ller's situation remains unchanged and the Uruguayan will also continue to train with the second team, who play in the fourth-tier Regionalliga.

This is the official report from the shalke 04 website. he hasnt been released from his contract he has just been (aiden mcgeadyed) droped to the reserves.

Great!!!!!!!!!

He was dropped to the resreves for "footballing reasons" and we are favourites to sign him.:confused:

Sounds as though he would be a 'great' success here. NOT.

From the Newcastle website

NEWCASTLE UNITED boss Joe Kinnear has confirmed that Danish international Peter Lovenkrands has joined the club on a week-long trial.

The 28-year-old arrived on Tyneside over the weekend and will begin training with the Magpie squad from Monday.

And Toon chief Joe hopes that the former Rangers and Schalke winger will impress over the coming days.

Kinnear said: "I met Peter over lunch yesterday and he started with us on a week-long trial today.

Newcastle might as well just start wearing our shirts. They try to nick a load of players. Bougherra, Mendes, Ferguson, Boyd, McGregor all linked this week and now they have got Lovenkrands on trial.

Whats with that bloke Willie McKay offering all our players to them!!

Newcastle might as well just start wearing our shirts. They try to nick a load of players. Bougherra, Mendes, Ferguson, Boyd, McGregor all linked this week and now they have got Lovenkrands on trial.

Whats with that bloke Willie McKay offering all our players to them!!

He claims its because Bain told him to!