Statement about 'We Deserve Better'

I doubt many fans would disagree with the sentiments in the statement but it certainly seems only to highlight the problems we're all aware of.

Certainly it's better than a generic banner but the Trust may have been better advised to find high net worth (or high profile ex-players for example) supporters of the campaign (which they may have to be fair) before publicly commenting.

The campaign seems somewhat rushed and without offered solutions for the problems they talk about then it's credibility can be questioned all too easily.

Only the next few months will see if it is successful.

Frankie, I believe the TBO were referred to in last night's Evening Times in respect of the campaign but I saw one their leading lights not knowing anything about it. Do the TBO have a position in respect of the campaign?

TBO as a group had nothing to do with this latest 'We Deserve Better' statement.

The RST released a statement to the press which did not mention TBO. The journalist who wrote the piece added our name to his piece without contacting us.

We'll make a decision as a group whether or not we support the issue over the coming days.

:)

What's your thoughts mate?

I presume that it's meant to provoke Murray into some positive action and from that viewpoint, I guess it doesn't do much harm and the underlying message is correct and I think most of us would agree with the areas of concern raised.

It suffers from the old problem of not suggesting any solutions though.

Unfortunately it was hijacked by the Assembly who had their spokesman on RR and RC last night as well as Edgar. The Assembly guy ended up just looking divisive which does our support no good at all. His message was that we support some of the points but we won't get behind the campaign because the support should be united. :confused:

If the Assembly didn't want to back it, they would have been far better not to comment in any way. They have just ended up looking like they are acting for Murray again.

It throws up the question of the collective responsibility of the Assembly Board.

Yep, the Assembly certainly showed itself up to be poorly run last night...

It's disappointing to see such a wide split already. There seems to be no solutions available to repair that any time soon.

things fall apart; the centre cannot hold. we can expect rather more animated infighting, and division, before things are so bad that change happens, i think. there are no solutions, so any legitimacy in the complaints is lost in pointlessness and noise. it's part of the process by which change happens, but it's not change itself. i think there's far longer to go on this.

I could save Murray the time and effort by writing his response for him, it's certainly predictable enough.

It's equally obvious that there is no "campaign", only an RST feeling it is obliged to comment, however belatedly. If the RST wants to masquerade under the banner of a campaign it might be advised to.....

a. Have a clear objective and a plan to achieve it

b. Consult and try to include those it cannot claim to represent - anyone outside its 1000 or so members

c. Offer alternative or solutions

As always, the RST goes of half cocked and will achieve nothing but to confuse and dilute. Why doesn't this group of plonkers just disappear? They represent almost no one and have achieved the square root of zip since they set up the Trust.

Another Murray response on the official site now..

Iââ?¬â?¢d like to question a few points raised by SMDââ?¬â?¢s response to the ââ?¬Ë?We Deserve Better Campaignââ?¬â?¢ and have noticed that he refused to answer any the points put forward and instead, chose to try to deepen divisions amongst the support.

SDM claims that none of us questioning him are ââ?¬Ë?not exactly captains of industryââ?¬â?¢, by God David, thatââ?¬â?¢s a rather egocentric put down that one. So anyone that questions you doesnââ?¬â?¢t know what they are talking about? Jeez, talk about egosââ?¬Â¦Ã¢â?¬Â¦

SDM talks of the loyalty of the support being crucial to the long-term longevity of the club, but does he expects us (PAYING CUSTOMERS) to show blind, deaf and dumb loyalty? At a time when he is asking for the support to be united, he is marginalising those who chose to question him. Does questioning the way the club has been run now make you disloyal and not a ââ?¬Ë?real Rangers fanââ?¬â?¢? Sorry Mr Murray, but most of those questioning you are the most LOYAL Rangers fans I know. By implying that those who have the audacity to question you are disloyal, you are actually creating divisions, something I believe that you intended to do.

So SDM, what is your definition of a real, loyal Rangers fan?

Real fans are the only who physically attacked and spat on protesters outside the main door in November 2006 whilst singing the banned Billy Boys and claiming that the protesters (without a drop of irony I may add) were nothing more that ****** bastards?

Once again a statement from SDM that leaves us with more questions than answers.

Cammy F