SIR DAVID MURRAY insisted last night he�s the ONLY man to take Rangers forward as furious fans called for his immediate resignation.

In a day of yet more Ibrox drama, disgruntled Gers fans launched a stinging attack on Murray and his board � demanding an urgent change of direction at the crisis-torn club.

Backed by the board of the Rangers Supporters Trust, the ââ?¬Ë?We Deserve Betterââ?¬â?¢ campaign comes in the wake of a month of turmoil at Ibrox. Murray has admitted Gers will be forced to sell at least one star player this month in a bid to balance the books.

And at Tuesday nightââ?¬â?¢s Scottish Cup clash against St Johnstone in Perth, fans unfurled a banner reading ââ?¬Ë?David Murray Must Goââ?¬â?¢.

But last night the embattled chairman blasted back � insisting he�s the club�s best bet.

Murray, seeking a buyer for the club, said: ââ?¬Å?At the moment Iââ?¬â?¢m BY FAR the best bet for Rangers.

ââ?¬Å?I am not going to sit here and apologise for running Rangers as a tight ship in a climate like this, it HAS to be done. People say I am trying to keep the debt down to get a good selling price ââ?¬â? that is NOT the case.

ââ?¬Å?Iââ?¬â?¢m totally committed to this club and whilst this is a difficult period we CAN get through it.

ââ?¬Å?I wouldnââ?¬â?¢t be difficult to deal with if I felt the offer was right for Rangers but what would any prospective buyer think looking at the situation right now.

ââ?¬Å?It is hardly going to entice anyone in is it?ââ?¬Â

No david it wont entice anyone.

you sold our best players in the past and replaced them with mediocrity. you let our manager squander 7 million in the summer on 3 strikers when we needed to strengthen else where in the team.

you then went on a panic buying spree after our manager managed to get knocked out of the CL by yet another pub team.

That is why we find ourselves in the mess we are in now. Gross mismangement of the highest order.

If i had done my job as badly as Walter Smith has done his id be sacked.

If you have one major failing Mr murray it is your undying loyalty to Walter Smith. you really should have learned your lesson after Advocaat but you didnt.

Sack smith and you may have a chance in the immediate future.

Iââ?¬â?¢d like to question a few points raised by SMDââ?¬â?¢s response to the ââ?¬Ë?We Deserve Better Campaignââ?¬â?¢ and have noticed that he refused to answer any the points put forward and instead, chose to try to deepen divisions amongst the support.

SDM claims that none of us questioning him are ââ?¬Ë?not exactly captains of industryââ?¬â?¢, by God David, thatââ?¬â?¢s a rather egocentric put down that one. So anyone that questions you doesnââ?¬â?¢t know what they are talking about? Jeez, talk about egosââ?¬Â¦Ã¢â?¬Â¦

SDM talks of the loyalty of the support being crucial to the long-term longevity of the club, but does he expects us (PAYING CUSTOMERS) to show blind, deaf and dumb loyalty? At a time when he is asking for the support to be united, he is marginalising those who chose to question him. Does questioning the way the club has been run now make you disloyal and not a ââ?¬Ë?real Rangers fanââ?¬â?¢? Sorry Mr Murray, but most of those questioning you are the most LOYAL Rangers fans I know. By implying that those who have the audacity to question you are disloyal, you are actually creating divisions, something I believe that you intended to do.

So SDM, what is your definition of a real, loyal Rangers fan?

Real fans are the only who physically attacked and spat on protesters outside the main door in November 2006 whilst singing the banned Billy Boys and claiming that the protesters (without a drop of irony I may add) were nothing more that ****** bastards?

Once again a statement from SDM that leaves us with more questions than answers.

Cammy F

Iââ?¬â?¢d like to question a few points raised by SMDââ?¬â?¢s response to the ââ?¬Ë?We Deserve Better Campaignââ?¬â?¢ and have noticed that he refused to answer any the points put forward and instead, chose to try to deepen divisions amongst the support.

I agree, totally pathetic reply - reminiscent of a mouse.

SDM claims that none of us questioning him are ââ?¬Ë?not exactly captains of industryââ?¬â?¢, by God David, thatââ?¬â?¢s a rather egocentric put down that one. So anyone that questions you doesnââ?¬â?¢t know what they are talking about? Jeez, talk about egosââ?¬Â¦Ã¢â?¬Â¦

Totally agree again - stupid, stupid remark that makes him look clueless. How then, can Walter Smith know when a player is any good when he wasn't exactly captain of Scotland himself? Even the dumbest fan could see Faye was not good enough without having to play as well as him. And none of us need to be a top chef to tell when a restaurant meal is crap. Imagine Gordon Brown or George Bush slamming their critics by saying, "What do you know? You're not exactly premier of a country, are you?"

It's as bad as McLeish saying we couldn't criticise him for his team being unable to beat poor opposition because we aren't football managers.

SDM talks of the loyalty of the support being crucial to the long-term longevity of the club, but does he expects us (PAYING CUSTOMERS) to show blind, deaf and dumb loyalty?

And "customers" don't do that, they find another business to patronise. If Ibrox was restaurant, we'd all be eating elsewhere by now. So why is he treating us as customers when it suits him one moment and then loyal fans when it suits him the next?

At a time when he is asking for the support to be united, he is marginalising those who chose to question him. Does questioning the way the club has been run now make you disloyal and not a ââ?¬Ë?real Rangers fanââ?¬â?¢? Sorry Mr Murray, but most of those questioning you are the most LOYAL Rangers fans I know. By implying that those who have the audacity to question you are disloyal, you are actually creating divisions, something I believe that you intended to do.

Divide and conquer eh? But theirs nothing worse than mud slinging instead of dealing with the true issues. Maybe it's time he "get's real".

I also don't see how the credit crunch is biting - all our finances were pretty much in place by the summer - season tickets bought, tv, merchandising and advertising revenue already negotiated up front.

The only reason we're financially suffering, is to do with overspending on players for positions we didn't need and buggering about so much that we put out what was almost a reserve team to qualify for the CL and then completely failed to even qualify for UEFA. It was complete incompetence of planning both on the park and in the boardroom.

The credit crunch is nothing other than a very poor and pathetic excuse. Get real Mr Murray.

PS Isn't there a certain Mr Desmond who seems to be doing a much better job of running a club across the city? I don't see them selling their best players to balance the books. But then he's three times richer than Mr Murray and so maybe our chairman is just not a big enough captain of industry to know what he's doing... eh?

Murray is certainly looking dafter and dafter by the day.

He's totally lost the plot IMO. Shows exactly why we couldn't rely on him to defend our club - he doesn't have a clue. MediaHouse will be fuming as I'm certain he won't have been contacting them before speaking.

I thought Murray has come across as a respectable impersonation of Comical Ali.

You know the score, everyone knows he's wrong and that he's speaking shyte but he's determined just to keep on speaking because the moment he stops, he's a dead man.

PS Isn't there a certain Mr Desmond who seems to be doing a much better job of running a club across the city? I don't see them selling their best players to balance the books. But then he's three times richer than Mr Murray and so maybe our chairman is just not a big enough captain of industry to know what he's doing... eh?

Ha great statement mate. Love it!

Just look at the responses all these Gers fans are giving Murray. I used to like him, but that was a DECADE ago when he may have been seen as doing some progressing with Rangers. (or looking back now maybe that was the Malborough groups doing and Murray just took the credit for what they set up?)

The man is turning us into a laughing stock, and guess what mr Murray? YOU are the biggest laughing stock out there.

It's way by the time for Murray to sell and move on. He says he is the best, well let us be the judge of that, US. people who LOVE the club and will run it as a profit making organisation.

The other people who want to buy the club should be given a go for a temporary basis and if it doesn't work he could have it back till we get someone good enough. To be honest, i'd rather have some keen syndicate than an egocentric, paranoid, sociopath who has delusions of grandeur.

SELL THE CLUB MR. MURRAY AND LEAVE US ALONE!!!!:rfc::rfc::rfc: