John Fleck to get his chance in coming weeks!

Just seen the interview with WS on rangers tv about john fleck and its music to my ears that young fleck will be getting his chance in the weeks to come. I really hope WS sticks to his word and gives him a shot because i beleive that this young guy will explode onto the scene and could also lead to as springboard to the likes of Aaron, Danny wilson and other youngsters on the brink. I firmly beleive in the old saying if your good enough your old enough. So heres hoping that this pays off and maybe it will open WS eyes to the fact that there is a crop of youngsters good enough to take the positions of faultering first team players that just arnt producing the goods just now.

Just seen the interview with WS on rangers tv about john fleck and its music to my ears that young fleck will be getting his chance in the weeks to come. I really hope WS sticks to his word and gives him a shot because i beleive that this young guy will explode onto the scene and could also lead to as springboard to the likes of Aaron, Danny wilson and other youngsters on the brink. I firmly beleive in the old saying if your good enough your old enough. So heres hoping that this pays off and maybe it will open WS eyes to the fact that there is a crop of youngsters good enough to take the positions of faultering first team players that just arnt producing the goods just now.

Yes there is still a few games to get his price up before the window shuts.

Well up for seeing Fleck get a proper chance as long as we're NOT trying to sell him. That lad's got to be worth millions though, so never say never on a �£250,000 deal being struck by Martin Pain. It's certainly weird timing for the announcement. :(

WALTER SMITH has revealed John Fleck is close to being handed his first competitive start for Rangers.

The 17-year-old came on as a late substitute for Kris Boyd in the closing stages of Tuesday's 2-0 Homecoming Scottish Cup fourth round win over St Johnstone in Perth.

His appearance was the first he had made in a meaningful game since his brief outing in the last few minutes of last season's final triumph over Queen of the South.

Fleck has been involved with the first-team squad regularly this season after going on tour with them to Holland and Germany in the summer.

Whilst abroad, he made a notable impact as he scored the clincher in a 3-1 win over Sportfreunde Lotte.

Now Fleck could be given the chance to show what he can do in one of the forthcoming matches against the likes of Falkirk, Aberdeen, Dundee United or Forfar Athletic.

Manager Smith told Rangers TV tonight: "John is getting closer to the team all the time and he has been training exceptionally well in the last month or so.

"He has been playing well in the bounce games we've had and we're just about ready to give him an opportunity to play.

"He is deserving of that. We just have to pick the right time and make sure that everything is right for him.

"John's a strong lad and I think that helps him. It obviously helps us too in our decision to bring him along.

"He is getting to the stage now that when we're having discussions about team selections, his name has been cropping up all the time.

"We have a difficult run of games coming up but I don't think he'll be hugely fazed by that.

"The one thing about him is he has a good attitude and there's a good level of confidence there as well. I think we'll see a bit more of him in the near future."

Fleck has played in a variety of positions for both the under-19s and reserves over the last couple of seasons.

That's a reflection of the clear talent he has but Smith is clear on what sort of role he has in mind for his teenage star.

He added: "John is a striker. Such is his ability, he has played in a number of roles recently in much the same way as Steven Naismith has for us.

"He has been used all the way across the attacking positions because he has a good touch and good control.

"He can link up well with other players and I don't think we're too far away now from giving him a chance to show what he can do."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5~1521631,00.html

WALTER SMITH has revealed John Fleck is close to being handed his first competitive start for Rangers.

The 17-year-old came on as a late substitute for Kris Boyd in the closing stages of Tuesday's 2-0 Homecoming Scottish Cup fourth round win over St Johnstone in Perth.

His appearance was the first he had made in a meaningful game since his brief outing in the last few minutes of last season's final triumph over Queen of the South.

Fleck has been involved with the first-team squad regularly this season after going on tour with them to Holland and Germany in the summer.

Whilst abroad, he made a notable impact as he scored the clincher in a 3-1 win over Sportfreunde Lotte.

Now Fleck could be given the chance to show what he can do in one of the forthcoming matches against the likes of Falkirk, Aberdeen, Dundee United or Forfar Athletic.

Manager Smith told Rangers TV tonight: "John is getting closer to the team all the time and he has been training exceptionally well in the last month or so.

"He has been playing well in the bounce games we've had and we're just about ready to give him an opportunity to play.

"He is deserving of that. We just have to pick the right time and make sure that everything is right for him.

"John's a strong lad and I think that helps him. It obviously helps us too in our decision to bring him along.

"He is getting to the stage now that when we're having discussions about team selections, his name has been cropping up all the time.

"We have a difficult run of games coming up but I don't think he'll be hugely fazed by that.

"The one thing about him is he has a good attitude and there's a good level of confidence there as well. I think we'll see a bit more of him in the near future."

Fleck has played in a variety of positions for both the under-19s and reserves over the last couple of seasons.

That's a reflection of the clear talent he has but Smith is clear on what sort of role he has in mind for his teenage star.

He added: "John is a striker. Such is his ability, he has played in a number of roles recently in much the same way as Steven Naismith has for us.

"He has been used all the way across the attacking positions because he has a good touch and good control.

"He can link up well with other players and I don't think we're too far away now from giving him a chance to show what he can do."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5~1521631,00.html

Oh Shit that worries me!!!

Its about time. The current teams looks so flat and predictable. A young talent like Fleck and Aaron may be the injection of flair that we need.

None of the current players who have been tried on the left are the answer - i include Novo and Naismith here. Novo is far better on the right or upfront and Naismith has only had 1 game there.

Boyd's replacement up front !!

I agree Gribz, against teams like Falkirk we should be comfortable enough that we can blood one or two youngsters in. The problem we face is that the team is currently already carrying about 4 or 5 passengers !!!

I would give one of them the 1st half against Falkirk and get the team to come out blazing (ala Inverness) and if we are comfortable at HT, the first lad plays the 90 whilst the 2nd lad comes on for the 2nd half. All valuable experience and gives them motivation to get more playing time.