A Well Run Football Club !

If we'd won the league last year who would care about our results against them (although of course to an extent the latter influences the former).

We are not measured on our results against the Arab, though I take the point of the rest of your post.

If we'd won the league last year who would care about our results against them (although of course to an extent the latter influences the former).

We are not measured on our results against the Arab, though I take the point of the rest of your post.

I disagree. I think the point about how many times we beat them, in this circumstance, is wholly valid.

It magnifies that a team with far fewer financial resource, fan base etc have made it very difficult for us to get results against them. We supposedly can put out a far stronger team because of our superior resource, yet the results on the pitch would suggest otherwise.

Word is that Dundee United have posted profits of around �£800,000.

This due to being well run from top to bottom and not their enormous fan base.

How many times did we beat them last season ?

They could employ Martin Bain on his wages, and still post a profit, just.

I think they are actually playing really good attractive football at the moment to be honest and probably deserve to finish third. The big lad Daly up front is a real handful, Willo Flood is quite a decent wee player too !