If walter walked the plank...

who would you replace him with?

Given the fact that we have no cash to tempt anyone away from a club the person in question would have to be either already at the club or out of work at the moment.

When you whittle it down that way it doesnt leave much. I personally believe that McCoist would get the nod with durrant as his No2. I know its the obvious choice but i dont think McCoist is going to be everyones cup of tea.

so if he isnt who would you have?

who would you replace him with?

Given the fact that we have no cash to tempt anyone away from a club the person in question would have to be either already at the club or out of work at the moment.

When you whittle it down that way it doesnt leave much. I personally believe that McCoist would get the nod with durrant as his No2. I know its the obvious choice but i dont think McCoist is going to be everyones cup of tea.

so if he isnt who would you have?

No one of any current stature in the management world would touch the Rangers job and probably won't until there is new ownership to attract them. That's why Walter is in the job today. It would therefore need to be a higher risk candidate and I would suggest Richard Gough - untried perhaps but more of a leader than the likes of McCoist will ever be. Of course, since Gough was never one to toady up to Murray and always chose to say what he thought (a la Souness), the chances of him ever being offered the job are somewhere south of zero.

No one of any current stature in the management world would touch the Rangers job and probably won't until there is new ownership to attract them. That's why Walter is in the job today. It would therefore need to be a higher risk candidate and I would suggest Richard Gough - untried perhaps but more of a leader than the likes of McCoist will ever be. Of course, since Gough was never one to toady up to Murray and always chose to say what he thought (a la Souness), the chances of him ever being offered the job are somewhere south of zero.

If we're gonna look at Gough as a relatively inexpensive risk, bearing in mind you think (and I agree) we'd struggle to get a name from abroad, then why not Levein? Would almost certainly do a better job.

If we're gonna look at Gough as a relatively inexpensive risk, bearing in mind you think (and I agree) we'd struggle to get a name from abroad, then why not Levein? Would almost certainly do a better job.

Because he would never be accepted by a large part of the support after the dogs abuse he's ladled in our direction over the last year. If you want unity, Levein won't bring it. If you want a current Scottish manager you'd do worse than Grumpy Jim from Killie, at least he knows the game and doesn't bad mouth Rangers at every opportunity. I wouldn't choose him myself though.

Because he would never be accepted by a large part of the support after the dogs abuse he's ladled in our direction over the last year. If you want unity, Levein won't bring it. If you want a current Scottish manager you'd do worse than Grumpy Jim from Killie, at least he knows the game and doesn't bad mouth Rangers at every opportunity. I wouldn't choose him myself though.

I'd probably not want any of them either, just looking for a realistic option who would/could be more succesful.

No sane or competent manager is going to touch Rangers when the present lot are pulling the strings.

I just saw some of timmy's " humourous "cartoons on another site regarding our situation. They were too close to the mark to be funny. I think we are in for a bumpy ride until matters sort themselves out. Brace yourselves.

Jefferies would probably be my choice. I backed him for the Scotland job before Bawbag Burley got it. He's maybe not glamorous, but I think he would do a decent enough job.

Jefferies would probably be my choice. I backed him for the Scotland job before Bawbag Burley got it. He's maybe not glamorous, but I think he would do a decent enough job.

I may be damning Jim Jeffries with feint praise here. Didn't mean to. I actually think he has displayed excellent management credentials over a long number of years and at different clubs too. He seems to have a particular ability to bring through youngsters, which is a rare and valuable asset.

It's his consistency that has impressed me. Not sure exactly how long he's been at Killie but despite never having any money, they never really seem to have seriously struggled. He seems to be a bit old school and I think that could work quite well. Seems to have an eye for a player - Dindeleux, Vareilles, Adam, Rousset. I think a better bet than an untried ex-player.

It's his consistency that has impressed me. Not sure exactly how long he's been at Killie but despite never having any money, they never really seem to have seriously struggled. He seems to be a bit old school and I think that could work quite well. Seems to have an eye for a player - Dindeleux, Vareilles, Adam, Rousset. I think a better bet than an untried ex-player.

I wouldn't actually argue with a word you say.