If walter walked the plank...

Le Guen was sacked for being 17pts behind at the half way stage and out of both cups...

There is absolutely no way to dress that up - I would want to sack Walter this minute if we were in that position today.

Losing the league on the last day in a horrendous fixture pile up in our longest season ever, while winning two cups and getting to a European final, now that's got mitigation!

PLG might have it in him to be great manager, but he had an aberration at Ibrox and was as rank rotten as it is possible for an OF manager to be.

Agree with Shroomz, i cant believe what im reading as well!!

I mean Jim Jefferies, Derek McInnes and Levein!!! Id rather that rugby clown who thought he could make it at football - Clive Woodward!!!

Levein failed miserably at Leicester and took his old Hearts players down there as he had no imagination to sign anyone else. His eye for a game doesnt leave the window of Scotland, he is a good run of the mill SPL manager.

Id rather we took a punt on the continent again. But if we stayed Scottish then ive always liked George Graham although i think he has now been out the game too long.

Souness is a tough 1, Id probably take him as there is no way he would accept mediocre stuff on the pitch.

I heard an interesting shout the other day - Keegan! He would try bring football to the club again but the problem would be when we woke up every morning we'd have to check if he hadnt walked!

Im still a Martin Jol fan or hope for the Laudrup brothers.

Agree with Shroomz, i cant believe what im reading as well!!

I mean Jim Jefferies, Derek McInnes and Levein!!! Id rather that rugby clown who thought he could make it at football - Clive Woodward!!!

Levein failed miserably at Leicester and took his old Hearts players down there as he had no imagination to sign anyone else. His eye for a game doesnt leave the window of Scotland, he is a good run of the mill SPL manager.

Id rather we took a punt on the continent again. But if we stayed Scottish then ive always liked George Graham although i think he has now been out the game too long.

Souness is a tough 1, Id probably take him as there is no way he would accept mediocre stuff on the pitch.

I heard an interesting shout the other day - Keegan! He would try bring football to the club again but the problem would be when we woke up every morning we'd have to check if he hadnt walked!

Im still a Martin Jol fan or hope for the Laudrup brothers.

With respect, I think you're missing the point. The suggestions of Jeffries, etc were distinctly tongue in cheek but were raised on the basis that more appropriate managers simply wouldn't touch Rangers with a barge pole these days. No one who raised those names believes for a moment that they are the best people to manage Rangers. If you think Martin Jol or either Laudrup would take the helm at Ibrox then you're in dreamland.

With respect, I think you're missing the point. The suggestions of Jeffries, etc were distinctly tongue in cheek but were raised on the basis that more appropriate managers simply wouldn't touch Rangers with a barge pole these days. No one who raised those names believes for a moment that they are the best people to manage Rangers. If you think Martin Jol or either Laudrup would take the helm at Ibrox then you're in dreamland.

The fact that were mentioning these names at all speaks volumes about our realistic ambitions for the club. They are probably as good as we would get at the moment.

The problem with McCoist is that he's part of the management team who are currently not exactly setting the world alight. If we won the league this year, then WS could step aside and let Ally take over and it would at least make sense. But if we struggle to win the SPL, then McCoist's case for being manager goes out the window imo.

TBH if AM is serious about managing us one day, I'd rather he went elsewhere first to get more experience as the manager. A lot of assistants have struggled to take over as manager as it is a very different position altogether.

I've seen a lot of debate about Levein and it would certainly be a controversial decision. I'm not saying I'm for this, but in the current climate, we need to win the SPL first and foremost. So could one of the experienced managers like Jefferies come in and use his SPL experience, coupled with a significant increase in resources, to win the league for us? We don't have the money to pay some big name manager to come in, let alone the money to rebuild the squad. So should we forget our heady aspirations about making an impact in Europe for a while and just get back to the basics of dominating domestically and having a steady financial & footballing base to work with?

A scray thread if ever there was one. Finally some folks' "solutions" have been dragged out of them by a seemingly innocent hypothetical title question and by god are they utterly sensational. I can't believe we haven't appointed Jefferies/Gough/McInnes/Levein by now. Murray out!!!!!

:wanker::wanker::wanker:

A scray thread if ever there was one. Finally some folks' "solutions" have been dragged out of them by a seemingly innocent hypothetical title question and by god are they utterly sensational. I can't believe we haven't appointed Jefferies/Gough/McInnes/Levein by now. Murray out!!!!!

:wanker::wanker::wanker:

No need for the "smilies" at the end of your post cotter.

Fair enough. I am aware they are intended purely for bheggar related outbursts. My apologies:)

Or when folks are just being morons..... although I half expected you to use one to respond to my last post :devil: