If walter walked the plank...

JJ? An auld moaning Hibee? No thanks!

In saying that I don't think I have any better ideas. Gough should have been brought in before now but as MF says his non cap-doffing style won't have him high in terms of suitors (RFC or others in fact).

Do we go the continental route again? What kind of budget would they want? How many managers would be prepared to do an Eck?

Certainly don't fancy Durrant or McCoist.

Outside bet is maybe Derek McInnes who has done very well with his St Johnstone side.

Not a chance jim jeffries u cannot realistically be talking about this man getting a the top job with us. he is more negative than smith, he is over 60 so he would only be a short term choice. he doesnt have european experience. While i quite like jj personality there would be an uproar if he was to even be considered with the job. You might aswell go the full hog and get jimmy calderwood in.

If we're gonna look at Gough as a relatively inexpensive risk, bearing in mind you think (and I agree) we'd struggle to get a name from abroad, then why not Levein? Would almost certainly do a better job.

Levein would be my choice hands down right now.

Can't believe what I'm reading here FFS. So far you've managed to ditch WS & AM for either of the 3:- Levein, Jim Jeffries or Derek McInnes???? You guys must be having a laugh here. They're all doing a decent enough job with their teams, but they're also a bunch of muppets... OMG, what the hell are you thinking??? Jeffries & McInnes? A foreign manager would have a better grasp of the english language. :fish:

Fook me, next thing you'll be saying you'd rather have John Hughes than Walter Smith. :fish:

Joking aside, get a grip chaps!!

I will give a new name. Gert Jan Verbeek. Just been sacked by Feynoord under the same circumstances le Guen was sacked by us. The Feynoord supporters love him more than the club at the moment. He got sacked because he tried to push mediocre players to a new level and they rebelled and stopped playing for him. Crap players got a good manager sacked in this case.

As he is free he can start tomorrow at no cost.

The best up and coming manager in Holland at the moment is Mario Been and i would love him at Ibrox. Great guy great manager.

Scottish manager: Leveign for me.

Have to agree with Shroomz on this one. Out of those suggested so far, Levein is the best candidate, but then if he isn't good enough for the Scotland job, why would he be good enough for the Gers? Also, while he might have a decent enough record against us, when was the last time he beat the Dhims?

Since SDM has said that he won't go for another foreign manager, I believe we currently have the best manager available to us. There are only one or two British managers ATM who could do a better job and we've got no chance of getting them. I also think McCoist will turn out to be a very good manager and if he doesn't get his chance for us then some other team will benefit. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest (assuming he stays on as assistant for another season or two) if he gets a couple of decent job offers from down south.

Sorry folks, but looking at the alternatives, Walter still has my backing.

I will give a new name. Gert Jan Verbeek. Just been sacked by Feynoord under the same circumstances le Guen was sacked by us. The Feynoord supporters love him more than the club at the moment. He got sacked because he tried to push mediocre players to a new level and they rebelled and stopped playing for him. Crap players got a good manager sacked in this case.

As he is free he can start tomorrow at no cost.

The best up and coming manager in Holland at the moment is Mario Been and i would love him at Ibrox. Great guy great manager.

Scottish manager: Leveign for me.

It's no the same circumstances as Le Guen then as he got sacked for being incompetent in his job! :box:

:devil: